Super quick Plum Sauce Salmon with minimum prep work. Only 5 ingredients and less than 15 minutes to prepare. Delicious with a bowl of steamed rice.
We try to eat fish at least once a week, often during the weekends. The preferred method of preparation is broiling (or grilling) as it is so quick. This is especially helpful after a day out and dinner time is just around the corner. I usually leave the fish to thaw in the refrigerator first thing in the morning. When we get home, I will marinade the fish and let it sit while I prepare the vegetables for a stir-fry.
This super quick and tasty Plum Sauce Salmon comes with minimum prep work. It uses only 5 ingredients and can be ready in under 15 minutes. I like to broil the fish in my handy toaster oven as it fits nicely in there. Using the toaster oven is also more energy efficient even though it may take one or two extra minutes.
I suggest lining your baking tray with aluminum foil as there is sugar in the marinade. This will facilitate a faster and easier clean up when all is done. The fish may left as one single piece or cut into smaller pieces if preferred. Either way works.
- 1 lb (450g) salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Rinse and pat dry fish with paper towels. Line baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Combine plum sauce, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon marinade over fish. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then drizzle vegetable oil over the fish.
- Place in the oven and broil or grill for about 6 to 8 minutes if fish is ½ inch thick or about 10 minutes if fish is 1 inch thick.
- Remove and serve immediately.
NOTE: This post was updated on May 22nd, 2014 with new pictures and write up. Minor changes were made to the recipe.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎