Meatballs and rice cakes are bento staples. These can be made in large quantities and kept frozen. When needed, they should be heated through and packed into the lunch boxes. I prefer to cut the fruits in the morning so that they remain fresh. It normally takes me around 10 to 15 minutes to pack all three bentos if I have everything planned ahead of time.
The main container holds the rice cake (a mix of white and brown rice), meatballs, and stir-fry baby bok choy with deep fried tofu cakes. The smaller container holds an assortment of fruits.
Lids are placed on the two containers. They are then stacked up neatly and held together with a belt.
- 1 lb (450g) minced beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and let it marinade for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Shape minced beef mixture into 1¼-inch diameter meatballs. Arrange on a baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎