Lemongrass and turmeric strongly evoke the tropics and warm weather. With the passing of spring into summer bringing warmer days, my thoughts turn to our imminent vacation to Asia. We are excited about the trip and look forward to a much needed break and change of scenery. I have scheduled some posts to publish every Tuesday and Friday for the next few weeks. I hope you will continue to visit and leave your much appreciated comments. Thank you for your continued support.
This is a simple and tasty Lemongrass and Turmeric Chicken dish has a short list of ingredients. My boys call it the yellow curry. The red and green peppers give it a pop of color but the star of the show is the lemongrass. It gives the dish a wonderful fragrance. The lime juice lends a nice refreshing touch. Best served with Spiced Basmati Rice.
- 20 oz (565g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 red Anaheim peppers, seeded and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 lemongrass, thinly sliced the bottom 4 inches
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Grind lemongrass, onion, and garlic in a blender adding a little water if necessary. Remove and add turmeric and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pot and stir fry spice paste until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken and stir till chicken turns opaque, about 2 minutes. Add water and season with salt. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and peppers and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Turn off heat and stir in lime juice.
- Remove and serve warm.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎