Happy Valentine’s Day and Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Those of you who have been following this blog know that I have embark on a progessive blogger competition called Dessert Wars. Last month’s theme was Going Nuts with Nutella and though I did not win the competition, I had fun with it. Thanks to all of you, my entry Pasta con Nutella was very popular. It was my first time using Nutella in a dish and I was floored by the reception of the post as my page view for the day exceeded 1,100! Congratulations to January’s Dessert Warrior, Heather of Girlichef and the Runner Up, Xiaolu of 6 Bittersweets! Check out the awesome prize package at the end of this post.

February’s theme is Dark Chocolate and Hearts, perfect for Valentine’s Day. I saw these Cherry Ju Ju Hearts at the grocery store and could not resist getting some. Then I went to Target and found these marshmallow hearts. How could I pass these up? Marshmallows are perfect for fondue…dark chocolate fondue! I recently made a Cheese Fondue but it has been a while since I made chocolate fondue. It’s Valentine’s after all, and I wanted to make something with lots of hearts for my honey. 😉

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

This recipe is for two but you can certainly double it up for the family. I used chunky peanut butter to give the chocolate sauce a little crunchy texture. You could use creamy peanut butter if you prefer a smoother texture.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

• 3 oz (90g) dark chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup (125 ml) heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
Accompaniment
  • Marshmallows
  • Strawberries
  • Sliced banana
  • Sliced apple
  1. In a small sauce, heat cream. When cream comes to a simmer, remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and still until fully incorporated.
  2. Transfer to a fondue pot with tea light. Serve with accompaniment.
Notes
If chocolate sauce becomes too thick, stir in a little more cream.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 2 servings

Listed below is the prize package for Dessert Wars…wow!

Whisk and cupcake necklace from Moon & Star Designs
The Smartshopper Electronic Grocery List Organizer
Beanilla Sampler Pack of Vanilla Beans
Lenox Personalized Musical Cupcake
1,000 ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies & Cakes
Endless Vanilla and Cinnamon Extract
Unlimited Layers: A Recipe for Turning Your Passion into Profits
Organic Valley $50 Gift Certificate
Organic Prairie $50 Gift Certificate
Theme Kitchen $50 Gift Certificate
BEKA Cookware Crepe Pan

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! 8)

Comments

1. says

Hi. Chocolate Fondue is my fav. Especially with the strawberries. Makes me drool. Next year I might serve it on Valentine’s Day if I can find the heart shaped mashmallows. Haha.

2. says

I love your pictures! Those pink marshmallow hearts are SO cute! I wish I could try this tomorrow with my kids. Maybe I can pull it off if I make it to the store in the morning.
    Thanks!
    -CK

3. says

Oh wowww you’re suddenly inspiring me to put together a nice treat for hubby on Valentine’s Day tonight!! Irresistable! Must have! Now.. wondering if I have enough time to shop for ingredients.. hehe.

4. says

Hubby and I already celebrated valentines without the kiddies on Friday so this would be a perfect treat to celebrate with the kids on valentines day. They would love chocolate fondue. I love that you made the banana pieces heart shaped as well. Have a happy and sweet valentine’s day with your love, Biren.

5. Jeannie says

Another favorite of mine, I always look out for chocolate fondue whenever I go for hi-tea 😀 Delicious and so romantic looking!

6. says

Biren, what a cute little fondue! Am loving all those heart shape goodies。How I wish I can some of those! haha… Happy Valentine’s Day! Have a sweetheart day.
    Blessings, Kristy

7. says

Oh my! Good thing hubby’s not seeing this 😛 We only exchanged gifts today and after a sashimi dinner tonight, we’ll be cosying up in bed watching a movie and sharing a bottle of bubbly. No special treat for him this year – though I think he expects it, since his wife is a food blogger LOL My bad! I’m sure your sweetheart will love this!

Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours Biren!!

8. says

Hearts…hearts…hearts! Love is in the air 😀 I just love your fondue. Everything looks so romantic and fun! Happy Valentine’s Day, Biren, to you and your family. Hope you have a great day.

9. says

This looks wonderful. My kids would go nuts for it. I think I will make this today for a Valentine’s Day dessert for them. Thanks.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

10. says

I’m sure that beautiful fondue platter would warm the heart of anyone who saw it! It’s really gorgeous, Biren! Wishing you a very happy Valentine’s Day!

11. says

Biren-You have no idea how much you inspire me with your fondue. I love both chocolate, and the peanut butter fondue…so inviting, and spells LOVE!
    Beautiful arrangements, and photos, but mostly, yummy fondue!
    I have a fondue set from years ago, which is still in it’s original box, used it maybe, once. Time to start using it again!
    HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

12. says

What a scrumptious idea for a fondue Biren! I love that you used peanut butter in it – makes it irresistible for me! The platter looks so pretty with all the heart treats.

13. DongXing says

Happy Belated Valentine’s Day, Biren! You have made my two favourite sinful things to eat by combining them together – what a great idea for a fondue. Coincidentally, at the weekends, I just found the fondue set that was given to me years ago, so this is a good omen that I must made this VERY SOON….

• Biren says

Thanks DongXing! Good for you for finding your fondue set. Fondues are fun and chocolate fondue is such a treat. You may also want to try cheese fondue if your kids love cheese.

14. says

Biren, you have such a way with food and photography! I am putting together a Valentine’s Day post and would love to put this recipe in it. Would you allow me to use your recipe and photos? Of course, all credit would go to you and I will let you know the day it goes live! Thanks so much!