Happy Valentine’s Day and Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Those of you who have been following this blog know that I have embark on a progessive blogger competition called Dessert Wars. Last month’s theme was Going Nuts with Nutella and though I did not win the competition, I had fun with it. Thanks to all of you, my entry Pasta con Nutella was very popular. It was my first time using Nutella in a dish and I was floored by the reception of the post as my page view for the day exceeded 1,100! Congratulations to January’s Dessert Warrior, Heather of Girlichef and the Runner Up, Xiaolu of 6 Bittersweets! Check out the awesome prize package at the end of this post.

February’s theme is Dark Chocolate and Hearts, perfect for Valentine’s Day. I saw these Cherry Ju Ju Hearts at the grocery store and could not resist getting some. Then I went to Target and found these marshmallow hearts. How could I pass these up? Marshmallows are perfect for fondue…dark chocolate fondue! I recently made a Cheese Fondue but it has been a while since I made chocolate fondue. It’s Valentine’s after all, and I wanted to make something with lots of hearts for my honey. ;)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

This recipe is for two but you can certainly double it up for the family. I used chunky peanut butter to give the chocolate sauce a little crunchy texture. You could use creamy peanut butter if you prefer a smoother texture.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Serving Size: 2 servings

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

• 3 oz (90g) dark chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup (125 ml) heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
  • Accompaniment
  • Marshmallows
  • Strawberries
  • Sliced banana
  • Sliced apple

In a small sauce, heat cream. When cream comes to a simmer, remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and still until fully incorporated.

Transfer to a fondue pot with tea light. Serve with accompaniment.

Notes

If chocolate sauce becomes too thick, stir in a little more cream.

Listed below is the prize package for Dessert Wars…wow!

Whisk and cupcake necklace from Moon & Star Designs
The Smartshopper Electronic Grocery List Organizer
Beanilla Sampler Pack of Vanilla Beans
Lenox Personalized Musical Cupcake
1,000 ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies & Cakes
Endless Vanilla and Cinnamon Extract
Unlimited Layers: A Recipe for Turning Your Passion into Profits
Organic Valley $50 Gift Certificate
Organic Prairie $50 Gift Certificate
Theme Kitchen $50 Gift Certificate
BEKA Cookware Crepe Pan

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! 8)

1. Kym Kym says:

Hi. Chocolate Fondue is my fav. Especially with the strawberries. Makes me drool. Next year I might serve it on Valentine’s Day if I can find the heart shaped mashmallows. Haha.

2. CK says:

I love your pictures! Those pink marshmallow hearts are SO cute! I wish I could try this tomorrow with my kids. Maybe I can pull it off if I make it to the store in the morning.
    Thanks!
    -CK

3. sophia says:

Oh my. What a fun, sweet treat for Valentine’s…I adore those lovely marshmallows.

Best of luck on the Dessert Wars…and Happy Valentines! :-)

4. Oh wowww you’re suddenly inspiring me to put together a nice treat for hubby on Valentine’s Day tonight!! Irresistable! Must have! Now.. wondering if I have enough time to shop for ingredients.. hehe.

5. chocolate, strawberries and loads of heart. PerfecT!

6. lequan says:

Hubby and I already celebrated valentines without the kiddies on Friday so this would be a perfect treat to celebrate with the kids on valentines day. They would love chocolate fondue. I love that you made the banana pieces heart shaped as well. Have a happy and sweet valentine’s day with your love, Biren.

7. Jeannie says:

Another favorite of mine, I always look out for chocolate fondue whenever I go for hi-tea :D Delicious and so romantic looking!

8. Sanjeeta kk says:

Love those cute hearties and the delectable fondue! Happy V day to you Biren, have a great day.

9. kristy says:

Biren, what a cute little fondue! Am loving all those heart shape goodies。How I wish I can some of those! haha… Happy Valentine’s Day! Have a sweetheart day.
    Blessings, Kristy

10. Anncoo says:

Happy Valentine’s Day Biren! I love those cute hearties and I think it’s fun for family gathering :)

11. Happy Hearts Day!

Your post is greatly wonderful. Sweet as a heart could be.

12. Oh my! Good thing hubby’s not seeing this :P We only exchanged gifts today and after a sashimi dinner tonight, we’ll be cosying up in bed watching a movie and sharing a bottle of bubbly. No special treat for him this year – though I think he expects it, since his wife is a food blogger LOL My bad! I’m sure your sweetheart will love this!

Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours Biren!!

13. Eftychia says:

How sweet!! Very nice presentation. Happy valentine´s day!

14. I’m liking this theme…too adorable. Happy Valentine’s Day!

15. MaryMoh says:

Hearts…hearts…hearts! Love is in the air :D I just love your fondue. Everything looks so romantic and fun! Happy Valentine’s Day, Biren, to you and your family. Hope you have a great day.

16. Raina says:

This looks wonderful. My kids would go nuts for it. I think I will make this today for a Valentine’s Day dessert for them. Thanks.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

17. Sommer @ ASP says:

I love fondue! We have a fondue diner every Christmas Eve. But I can see it’s perfect for V Day as well!

18. Sounds divine! I love how you cut the bananas into hearts, too :) Happy Valentine’s Day, Biren!

19. Faith says:

I’m sure that beautiful fondue platter would warm the heart of anyone who saw it! It’s really gorgeous, Biren! Wishing you a very happy Valentine’s Day!

20. Biren-You have no idea how much you inspire me with your fondue. I love both chocolate, and the peanut butter fondue…so inviting, and spells LOVE!
    Beautiful arrangements, and photos, but mostly, yummy fondue!
    I have a fondue set from years ago, which is still in it’s original box, used it maybe, once. Time to start using it again!
    HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

Happy Valentine’s Day! Your Valentine fondue is gorgeous – we can “eat” our hearts out.

22. This looks fantastic! You can’t go wrong with chocolate and pb! I love all the dippers you’ve got too.

23. beautiful presentation looks wonderful

24. Zoe says:

I like your full of “love” fondue…very pretty in colours and all in melted chocolate…Ohhh!

25. Joanne says:

I never realized you could put peanut butter in fondue…my dream come true.

26. What a lovely sweet treat! Peanut butter fondue…:-) I love it.

27. Juliana says:

Biren, what a nice way to celebrate V day…so cute and so tasty…love your fondue :-)

28. Victoria says:

Good luck with Dessert Wars this month!! I think peanut butter chocolate fondue is a great idea!! It’s the best of both worlds :)

29. pb & chocolate fondue sounds amazing, what a great sweet treat for Valentine’s day!

30. Reeni says:

What a scrumptious idea for a fondue Biren! I love that you used peanut butter in it – makes it irresistible for me! The platter looks so pretty with all the heart treats.

31. How delightful! What a great fondue idea. I love it.

Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What’s For Dinner

32. DongXing says:

Happy Belated Valentine’s Day, Biren! You have made my two favourite sinful things to eat by combining them together – what a great idea for a fondue. Coincidentally, at the weekends, I just found the fondue set that was given to me years ago, so this is a good omen that I must made this VERY SOON….

Thanks DongXing! Good for you for finding your fondue set. Fondues are fun and chocolate fondue is such a treat. You may also want to try cheese fondue if your kids love cheese.

33. Julie M. says:

How can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter? This looks delicious! congrats on breaking the 1,000 mark!

34. Wow that is fantastic! Chocolate and peanut butter as a fondue, delightful :)
    Hope you had a wonderful valentines day :)

35. Elizabeth says:

We had chocolate fondue at our wedding. Too bad it was the wrong time of the year for heart shapped marshmallows. Looks like a fun fondue!

36. Lora says:

This is a perfect decadent way to celebrate love. The heart shaped banana pieces are so cute!

37. I love chocolate fondue with strawberry, but those heart shaped marshmallows are so cute. I LOVE this idea. such a great way to celebrate with the one you love.
    thanks for sharing Biren

38. Cynthia L. says:

Biren, you have such a way with food and photography! I am putting together a Valentine’s Day post and would love to put this recipe in it. Would you allow me to use your recipe and photos? Of course, all credit would go to you and I will let you know the day it goes live! Thanks so much!