Remembrance Cakes for 9-11 (Mango Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting)

9-11 Remembrance – FamilyFreshCooking.com

It was a beautiful September day in Colorado. I was going about my daily chores and preparing to meet Ro-Jiro who was due home on the school bus. As soon as the bus came to a stop, the driver broke the news to me. She said, “The twin towers have been attacked. Turn on your TV!” At first, I could not comprehend what she was saying. In the ensuing conversation the details were extremely sketchy except that something strange and terrible had happened in New York that morning.

I ran into the house with Ro-Jiro and turned on the television. I could not believe what I saw and heard…

It was so unreal! Our world changed that day. Nothing would be the same again. On this 10th anniversary, we pause to reflect on lost lives, mourning families, and heroes. We will not forget the events of 9-11 but by the grace of God, we are resolved to make the world a better place, and to move on.

Today, I share with you Mango Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting together with Marla from Family Fresh Cooking because “As bloggers with voices. We bake, we love, we share.” Please stop by and link up with your favorite cake. The link up will be open until Wednesday 9-14-2011 to give everyone an opportunity to share. Hashtag on Twitter and Faceboook is #cakes2remember.

Comments

1. says

Such a beautiful tribute post, and cake you made for rememberence of the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
    Each and every one of us remember exactly where we were when we first heard of the horrible news, and watched it on T.V.
    We shall never forget all the innocent people that perished, and all the heroes who lost their lives trying to save them!

2. says

10 years has passed but the whole experience still very much in my mind. I saw it all unfold right from my bedroom windows in Manhattan. I still can’t bring myself to write about it. My heart still ache so much :(

3. says

I was still in Singapore when it happened. My hb and myself were supposed to fly on that day. We did not abort the travel plan but when we reached the airport, it was really quiet.

4. says

Very inspiring post, Biren! It was indeed a tragic. If only I could bake, I’ll definitely join in.

Biren, I’ve been into product reviews too lately. I hope to share my trials & honest opinions with my readers. Hope you’ll like these posts as well & support me with your comments too. I thank u in advance!

5. says

Really lovely tribute Biren. What a shocking day that was. At first, it felt like a horrible dream!! How could something like this happen in USA!! I remember calling my sister IN DC to ask if she and her family were fine.

The cake looks delicious.

6. says

Lovely cake Biren – mango is my favorite and cream cheese frosting too. I remember 9/11 so well. One of our friends called us in the early morning hours and we watched it live. I remember being utterly stunned and horrified. I know America will never forget 9/11, and I’m proud of the heroes of that day and the way our country pulled together to become even stronger.