Broccoli Beef Noodles

Broccoli Beef Noodles

Yesterday was “one of those days”. I had only planned on being outside in the yard for an hour or so bagging leaves. This is no small task as we do have several mature trees on the property. Those trees have tons of leaves and when they come down, I shudder thinking of the work that lies ahead. Fall is beautiful but fleeting and after the great splendid show of color, it is time to clean up. So far, we have filled more than thirty 30-gallon yard waste bags and there are at least thirty more to go. It is a major chore and my one hour turned into three hours. Talk about project creep! By the time I got in, I was tired but dinner still had to be put on the table.

Earlier in the day, I had taken out a pack of sirloin beef from the freezer which I had left thawing in the fridge. I was planning to cook Broccoli Beef Stir-fry and another vegetable dish to go with our rice. I really was not in the mood for that after working outside. Instead of cooking three separate dishes, I decided on a quick one-dish Broccoli Beef Noodles instead. Thank God for dried noodles!

Broccoli Beef Noodles

Since I had used the flat cut noodles for the Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken and Crabsticks dish the last time, I opted for the thin noodles this time and I am glad I did. It combined really well with the broccoli and beef.

Best of all, dinner was ready in not time. This Broccoli Beef Noodles took only 30 minutes to prepare.

Broccoli Beef Noodles

• 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp Shao Hsing rice wine
Sauce
  • 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  1. Combine beef and marinade ingredients in a bowl and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Combine dark and light soy sauce in a separate bowl.
  2. Boil noodles for about 3 minutes or according to packaging instructions. Drain into a colander. Mix in a teaspoon of canola oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
  3. Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan. Saute ginger and garlic for about a minute. Add beef and let it cook for a minute.
  4. Add broccoli and continue to stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
  5. Now, add the noodles followed by the sauce and salt. Stir to get noodles and ingredients well coated. This should take 2 to 3 minutes.
  6. Turn off heat and drizzle sesame oil over noodles.
  7. Dish onto plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 2 to 3 servings

Broccoli Beef Noodles

Here is the Broccoli Beef Stir-fry. Please click on the link or picture below to view the recipe.

Broccoli Beef Stir-Fry

Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎

Comments

1. says

Mmmm… now if I could just get the kids to eat broccoli! Maybe with some sweet chili sauce (which we tend to use like ketchup – on everything)? 😉

• Biren says

I like sweet chili sauce. Grew up with it. When I moved here, I had a kind of withdrawal but now I am used to ketchup. :)

• Biren says

My family likes it with a lot of topping. I guess it is more tasty that way. This one was really easy to prepare. Will definitely make it again.

2. says

What a lovely dinner to sit down to after a hard day doing yard work! Beef is wonderful with brocolli, garlic and sesame oil. Funny thing is we had noodles for dinner too last night – paad thai, because I couldn’t be bothered to cook rice, a meat and a veg dish. Noodles are real lifesavers for harried cooks and mums. Thank goodness my band of boys always welcomes noodles with broad smiles!

• Biren says

I love paad thai and have not cooked it for a while. Need to make some soon.

My pantry is well stocked with noodles. We love them! :)

3. Dongxing says

Biren, my kind of meal for the family when I do not have time or inspiration! Thankfully, my kids love noodles with just about anything but beef and broccoli is the classic favourite. I know exactly how you feel about those leaves, I have the same problem with just two oak trees – leaves, leaves and MORE leaves…Somehow the task of raking and bagging always fall on me!

• Biren says

Noodles are a God sent. My boys love it too. Can’t go wrong with something as familiar as broccoli and beef here in the West.

Those leaves can be a pain when they come down. Autumn is pretty but unfortunately the autumn colors are so fleeting.

4. says

I love noodle dishes, and this one looks terrific. The combo of broccoli and beef is so nice, isn’t it? This looks wonderful. We’re lucky in the leaf department – not that many big trees on our property, and at this time of the year we can rake leaves into a big pile by the curb, and 2 or 3 times this fall a truck will come around and vacuum them all up! Makes leaf disposal so much easier. Anyway, good recipe – thanks.

• Biren says

I need to suggest that to our city council. That is definitely much easier and more environmentally friendly. No need for even those paper bags that we pay so much for.