These No-Bake Persimmon Walnut Energy Bites are just the perfect treat for summer. There is no need to heat up the kitchen with baking or cooking. Neither is required. No need for a food processor either. Simply combine the ingredients in a large bowl, refrigerate, and roll into balls. How easy is that? For those with sweet cravings, the dried persimmons and honey will surely satisfy. Also, these little treats are always nice and cool since they are kept in the refrigerator. What more can we ask for?
I must say I do enjoy these energy bites. They are really tasty and one little ball keeps me going. So far, this is my second batch. The first one, No-Bake Apricot Melon Energy Bites was made with dried apricots, candied winter melon, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and almond meal. They were fruity and nutty and looked like jewel studded balls. With four persons at home, they did not last long.
This time round, I wanted to use up some of the dried persimmons I had left in the freezer and so I combined them with granola, walnuts, dark chocolate chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes. These definitely have a more traditional energy bar flavor. If you cannot find dried persimmons, please substitute with whatever dried fruits you prefer. I think raisins or dried cranberries would combine nicely in this recipe.
The coconut flakes kept the energy bites nice and dry on the outside. It also gave the balls an attractive “fuzzy” appearance, not to mention a deliciously nutty flavor.
- 4 pcs (8oz/22gg) dried persimmons, chopped
- ½ cup (60g) granola (any kind)
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup (160g) raw honey
- ¼ cup (15g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- Mix all ingredients except coconut flakes in a large bowl until well combined and moistened. Add a little more honey if it appears too dry. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Roll and compact into 1½-inch balls and then roll in unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Store in air tight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
These ten little balls will not be around for long. You may want to double or triple the recipe. I hope you will give it a try.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎