I am not sure about the last bit on dinner but I certainly do agree on kingly breakfasts especially when I am on vacation. Having a good breakfast at the hotel gives me energy for the walkabout the rest of the day. A bottle of water, a snack or whatever I can grab on-the-go is all I need for lunch. This makes me look forward to a nice sit down dinner later in the evening.
For most of us, a cooked breakfast is a special treat. It is something I look forward to whenever I travel. To be able to stroll down to the breakfast buffet and enjoy a leisurely breakfast is a great way to start the day. While hubby and I were in England recently, my dear friend and her hubby prepared their wonderful English breakfast of grilled kippers, baked beans, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and tea each morning. It was all so tasty and satisfying. You can see a picture of it in my post Romancing Castles in England.
Later when we moved to the hotel for the last part of our stay there, we continued to enjoy the full English breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausages, pan fried tomatoes, and baked beans together with marmalade or Marmite toast and cups of tea. Other offerings included grilled mushrooms, roasted potatoes, cheeses, eggs cooked in a variety of ways, and sweet pastries. I love soaking up the baked beans and sunny side eggs with toast.
Even though my boys have been to England and enjoyed this breakfast, I wanted to make it for them as it has been a while since they had baked beans and soft cooked eggs. Needless to say they thoroughly enjoyed this “treat”.
- 1 can (16 oz/450g) baked beans
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 sausages
- 2 tomatoes on the vine, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices of bread, toasted
- Butter, marmalade, and Marmite to serve
- Heat baked beans in a medium sized saucepan until hot and bubbly. Keep warm on the stove.
- Pan fry bacon until slightly crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Pour away fat from pan and fry sausages until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Pan fry tomatoes for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Fry eggs according to your liking.
- Arrange all cooked ingredients on warm plates and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎