There is nothing more welcoming than to walk through the front door and be greeted by the aroma of freshly baked cookies. Whether accompanied by a cup of hot tea or a glass of cold milk, these Pecan Creme de Menthe Cookies will surely warm the heart and soul in this season of winter commute. They are a delightful blend of minty chocolate chips and crunchy pecans, festive enough for the Christmas holidays coming up real soon.
I actually made these cookies a few days before Thanksgiving but they never made it to the holiday table. The family enjoyed them so much, they were gone in a jiffy. I am planning to make more next week to be packed into decorative cookie tins as gifts. In this day of highly commercialized products available for presents, homemade cookies in a tin extends a nice personal touch.
Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips are a relatively new addition to my pantry. They are three layered chips similar to their full-sized snacking namesake. These chips provide a refreshingly minty flavor to baked goodies such as cookies, cakes, brownies, and fudge. An alternative would be to use regular chocolate chips and a quarter teaspoon peppermint extract if you are unable to find these baking chips.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick (½ cup/115g) salted butter
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60g) chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup (75g) Andes creme de menthe baking chips**
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add flour and beat till dough comes together***.
- Mix in pecans and crème de menthe baking chips.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and flatten to form disks. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
**Do not worry if dough seems to be loose and separate. Continue beating for about 2 to 3 minutes and it will come together to form a soft dough.
These chewy yet crunchy Pecan Creme de Menthe Cookies are our current favorite cookies. Do give them a try. I know you will enjoy them as much as we do.
Check out my other favorite holiday cookies. Please click on the link or image to open in a new window.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day!