I think I can safely say that spring is finally here in Minnesota. The mornings are still a little chilly but the sun is out most days to warm things up. Birds are chirping and the grass is turning green. While the trees are still bare, buds are beginning to appear on the branches. It is time to shed some winter fat and eat lighter foods…
Today, I am sharing this wonderful Mango Pecan Salad with Creamy Basil Avocado Dressing with you. I made this salad recently and really enjoyed it. I think you will enjoy it too. 🙂
The mango is a sweet and juicy addition to this beautiful salad. The toasted pecans provide crunch and contrast of textures while the creamy avocado dressing ties all the ingredients together. Basil and lime juice are added to lighten and freshen up the dressing. The result is a fresh fruity salad that is sure to please. Do give it a try.
- I package (5 oz/140g)) spring green salad mix
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- ¼ cup (25g) pecans, toasted
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup (10g) fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup (115g) low fat plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add garlic, basil leaves, lime juice, yogurt, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place spring greens, mango, pecans, and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Drizzle creamy basil avocado dressing over the top. Toss salad to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This Creamy Basil Avocado Dressing should be consumed as soon as possible. Any leftovers may be used as a dip for chips and crackers.
Mango is one of my favorite fruits. Apart from eating it fresh, I also like using its delicious flesh in cakes, pies, tarts, sorbets, and smoothies. I even have a cookie recipe here using dried mangoes. Simply click on the image to open desired recipe.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎