The dog days of summer are here and what better way to cool down than to sip a Cucumber Mint Cooler that takes no time at all to put together. All you need are a cucumber, ice cubes, mint leaves, lime, and club soda or seltzer. It’s cool, fizzy, and super refreshing!
Ro-Ri San first encountered this drink when he went to Mexico one summer for business. He found that the water they served mixed with cucumber, mint, and lime very refreshing. Even the appearance in itself is fresh, cool, and very appealing.
Instead of water, I decided to use club soda but seltzer will also work. If you prefer water, that would definitely work. As for the cucumber, I think shaving them into thin strips are even more more fun than cutting them into rounds. The best way to achieve that is to use a mandolin. For best results, get an English cucumber or a thinner cucumber with smaller seeds.
Once the cucumber is prepared, simply curl one or two strips in a glass before packing it with ice cubes and mint leaves. Then top with a slice of lime. Finally, squeeze in a few drops of lime juice and fill the glass with the club soda, seltzer, or water, and you have the most cool and refreshing drink in your hands.
- 1 cucumber
- Ice cubes
- 2 sprigs of mint leaves, stems removed
- 1 lime
- 1 bottle (33.8 fl oz/1 liter) club soda, seltzer, or water
- Using a mandolin, shave cucumber into long thin strips.
- Cut lime into half. Cut one of the halves into thin slices.
- Curl one or two strips of cucumber in a glass. Pack with ice cubes and a few mint leaves. Top with a slice of lime.
- Squeeze a few drops of lime juice into the glass. Then fill with club soda, seltzer, or water and enjoy.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎