Delightful Chocolate Dipped Madeleines flavored with orange oil. Dainty mini cakes perfect for tea time…
Chocolate Pasta with White Chocolate Liqueur Sauce – a different yet delightfully chocolatey dessert topped with luscious raspberries.
Firstly I would like to thank all of you for your concern about my electrical and electronic problems. We had to replace the dish washer as it has outlived its usefulness and was not worth repairing. Ro-Ri San fixed the drain for the washing machine and it’s working fine now. I did have to mop up the spill but it wasn’t too bad. Good thing it did not flood the basement.
As for my PC, it is totally out and I am still awaiting those recovery disks in the mail as a last ditch effort to save it. My own set of recovery disks could not wake it up no matter how many times I tried. It was just stressful and sad as that baby is only one and a half years old and I have grown pretty accustomed to it. I am surviving with Ro-Ri San’s netbook and have loaded this little guy with some software so that I can update my blog. It is not like my powerhouse but it will have to do for now.
Enough of updates, let’s move on to our Chocolate Pasta with White Chocolate Liqueur Sauce recipe.
Recently while browsing at a kitchen store, a package of chocolate pasta caught my eye. This pasta is made in Germany and is specifically for dessert. I couldn’t pass it up. It even came with a recipe on how to prepare it. They suggested stewed fruit and ice cream but I wanted something a little more exciting. It was also an opportunity for me to use some of that white chocolate liqueur that I have thus far used only on ice cream.
Chocolate Pasta with White Chocolate Liqueur Sauce
- 8 oz chocolate egg pasta (225g)
- ¼ cup sugar (55g)
- 1 cup raspberries
White Chocolate Liqueur Sauce
- 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips (160g)
- ½ cup half-and-half (120ml)
- 1 tbsp butter (14g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp white chocolate liqueur
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add sugar and pasta and cook for approximately 9 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Melt white chocolate chips with butter, half and half, and vanilla extract in a double boiler over medium heat. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in white chocolate liqueur. Turn off heat and allow sauce to keep warm in double boiler.
- Place a portion of chocolate pasta on a plate. Top with raspberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve warm.
This Chocolate Pasta with White Chocolate Liqueur Sauce is not your usual dessert. It is sweet, chocolatey, and quite tasty eaten in small portions. Do give it a try.
Chocolate pasta is not easily available in stores. If you are interested in trying the recipe, you can order a similar chocolate pasta here on Amazon. I make a very tiny commission to help fund the operation of this blog by linking to Amazon.com.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 🙂