Pomegranate Lime Sling

Pomegranate Lime Sling

It is always nice to receive things in the mail and recently a case of POM Wonderful arrived at my doorsteps. I have heard so much about this drink but have never tried it. POM Wonderful is a 100% pomegranate juice and is packaged in a unique double-bulb plastic bottle. While it is touted for its health benefits, I was more interested in its taste. I was anxious to give it a try. The juice has a wonderful mix of sweetness and a tangy taste that immediately reminded me of a popular fruit juice drink I had as a child. That clinched it!

Each bottle carries 8 oz of pure pomegranate juice. This amount is just perfect for mixing up cocktails. I have always wanted to whip up a sling and just so happens that I do have some vodka handy. Together with the clarified key lime cocktail juice, I was all set to mix up this fun and refreshing Pomegranate Lime Sling.

="Clarified

Pomegranate Lime Sling

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 2 servings
  • 8 oz pomegranate juice
  • 1 oz clarified key lime cocktail juice
  • 2 oz vodka
  • lime wedges to garnish
  1. Combine pomegranate juice, clarified key lime cocktail juice, and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake. Pour into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime wedges.
Notes
Add more vodka for greater swing in the sling.

Pomegranate Lime Sling

I am sending this to Denise for the Quickies Cocktail Challenge.

Quickies Morning, Noon & Night

Finally, here is a vignette from my garden I promised my friend, Denise.

Littlest Green Friend
Disclaimer: Although these products were sent to me for free, I did not receive any monetary compensation for this write up. What was written are my personal thoughts and view. For full disclaimer, please click here.

Enjoy …..and have a wonderful day! 8-)

Biren

Comments

1. says

Wow!! That is one beautiful cocktail! I love the contrast of the lime wedges against the deep red of the drink. The glasses are so unique too. Very stark, very striking!

Thanks Biren for adding to the fun of our cocktail party! Your entry is a very welcome addition to the line up :)

2. says

Oh my God!!! I am laughing so hard! Is that a real frog?!? I adore itty bitty frogs and I’m now wondering how big or small those leaves behind it are, as a reference point LOL

Btw – forgot to tell you, this cocktail reminds me of Ribena! “Can I have some?”…. “Yes, but not too much!!” ROFL

• Biren says

Yes, that is a real frog! Isn’t the little fella cute? The picture above is slightly larger than its true size. It is about 3/4 inch big (or should I say small). I am guessing it must be the size of the jade frog on your ring.

The fruit juice I referred to above is the Ribena. Ribena is very sweet while POM is slightly tangy. Definitely a more adult taste. Color wise, it is very similar.

3. says

Hi Biren: We’re having 110+ weather out my way this week…this sure looks like the perfect drink to enjoy while we’re sweltering out here! Beautiful and refreshing (luv those glasses). Cheers! :)

4. says

Hey Biren,

I love the colour of your drink, perfect for the challenge! And your glasses, I WANTS! They are so cute, yet classy at the same time. I’ve never tried those POM drinks before, but keep seeing them around the blogosphere and have yet to hear anything bad about them. I must try some day. Great drink all around! Best of luck to you in the challenge :-D

5. says

Hey Biren, this looks so delicious. I love the idea of pomegranate with lime. This is like a cosmo brought up a notch! Yeah, I’m a bartender (smile) or used to be… Oh, and I received free Pom stuff a while ago, and I still need to do a post-yikes!
    By the way, this post looks so pretty and well composed. I’m still working on these aesthetic things;)

• Biren says

I am not too well versed in cocktails but I did pick up a few things this summer like this clarified key lime, triple sec, and grenadine and have been having fun with them. These are all the non-alcoholic ones. They are really good mixed with ginger ale, cream soda, juice, and the likes. Of course, a little vodka was added just for this challenge ;)

Thanks for the compliments! The composition is a hit and miss thing. Somedays are better than others.

6. says

This looks delicious and I love the color! The contrast between red and green are vibrant. I like POM Wonderful too. Its product is great isn’t it? :D The key lime cocktail juice sounds intriguing. I adore those glasses as I’ve been wanting them for some time now haha. Great entry for the challenge Biren!

7. says

Stunning! And delightfully refreshing, I’m sure! I also received some POM juice, and now I have a lovely drink I can make with it. Thanks for sharing. Your presentation is just perfect!

• Biren says

Thanks Madin and yes, that is a real frog. It’s tiny, only about 3/4 of an inch long. They are pretty camouflaged amongst the leaves. This guy is out sunning itself.

8. says

Nice work Biren! Mine is on the way as well. I need to get thinking about how to cook it up! I think I’ll whip up one of your slings for inspiration while I figure it out. :)

9. says

Hi Biren, I love this cocktail! Beautiful color and the glasses are smashing! The clarified lime juice could be used in so many recipes so I’ll be looking for some at my local markets for sure! Your little frog is adorable♥

• Biren says

Hi, thanks for visiting. I will definitely look into it (hopefully soon) but I am having problems with my computer right now and so it may take a while. Sorry about that.