A quiche is a delightful dish to serve for breakfast or tea time during the weekends or when you have guests. One pan can easily feed up to eight persons and it beats standing at the stove frying bacon and eggs in the morning. Although it seems complicated to put together, it really is not especially when the quiche is crustless.
When I first saw my friend, Melissa’s Tale of Two Sisters Crustless Quiche over at Chindeep, I knew I had to make it soon. It looked so delicious and yet so easy to prepare. I immediately thought of making individual 5-inch quiches but in the end decided to go ahead with a full size quiche. I wanted to put my beautiful sky blue pie dish to use since it has been sitting on the shelf feeling lonely for a while now. 🙂
Before we get on to the recipe, I would like to take a moment to tell you about my talented friend, Melissa who is also based here in Minnesota. She is the author of Chin Deep in Bubbles: Little Luxuries for Every Day, a beautifully illustrated book of wonderful baths, facials, hair treatments, aromatherapy, delicious spa cuisine and more. It is a book every woman deserves. This past summer she also wrote and photographed two feature articles for Tea Time Magazine which will be published in the upcoming March/April and May/June issues. Please visit her blog, Chindeep for more delicious recipes, gorgeous photography, book review, crafts, and projects. You will also find Melissa at her two vibrant Facebook pages, ChinDeep and Tea Paparazzo. Do say “hi” for me while you are there. 🙂
And now for the recipe…
Melissa uses Bisquick, a pancake and baking mix for this recipe. I have to admit this is my first time using Bisquick and I had to run to store for a box of the Heart Smart, 0g Trans Fat version. This made the recipe even easier to put together. Many thanks Melissa for this delicious crustless quiche recipe. The quiche was fluffy, creamy, and fragrant. I love the combination of feta, cream cheese, and olives and enjoyed my breakfast thoroughly. You can be sure, I will be making this over and over again.
- ½ cup (70g) feta cheese
- ⅔ cup (5 oz/150g) canned black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) low fat milk
- 4 oz (115g) ⅓ less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- ¾ cup (105g) Bisquick
- Salt and pepper
- 20 (1 cup/150g) sweet golden tomatoes, cut into halves
- Line a deep pie dish or quiche pan with parchment paper.
- Place feta cheese at the base of the dish or pan. Sprinkle sliced black olives and dried basil over the feta cheese.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Add milk, cream cheese, Bisquick, salt, and pepper. Continue to beat until well mixed.
- Pour egg mixture over feta cheese and black olives.
- Top with sweet golden tomatoes with cut side up.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 minutes or until eggs are puffed and top is golden brown.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎