Pineapple Banana Smoothie

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

I know it is not Friday but Wednesday is just as good for smoothies, right? Well, the reason is that I do have a St. Patrick’s Day post planned for Friday. You don’t want to miss that recipe because it is simple yet so delicious! As for this Pineapple Banana Smoothie, it too is equally delicious and very refreshing! ;)

You may have noticed that I have been using almond milk as a base for my smoothies lately. I find that it works well with most fruits and is pretty neutral in taste. I am a little more cautious with regular cow’s milk as it can sometimes cause a tummy reaction for me when mixed with certain fruits. So far, almond milk seems to be fine and so I am sticking with it.

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

I had some frozen chunks of pineapples left in the freezer which I wanted to use up. Mixing it with banana and almond milk makes it a little “milder” and easier on the palate, especially in the mornings. Actually I really like the way it turned out. It was a good pick-me-up for the morning that is refreshingly tangy but not overly so. Love the color too!

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

• 1 cup (200g) pineapple, cut into chunks
  • 1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1 cup (240ml) almond milk

Combine pineapple, banana, and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Remove and serve immediately.

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

1. Ezcookbook says:

delicious and healthy drink… very appealing

2. Smoothie is good for EVERYDAY!

3. Ramona says:

Love the flavor of pineapple in smoothie… this looks refreshing and summery. :)

4. Pam says:

Oh, I love this and want to try it. Pineapple is the best and thanks for the recipe, Biren!

Thanks Pam! I like pineapples cooked as it cuts down on the acidity. Mixed in a smoothie with banana is also pretty good. :)

5. Yum, your smoothie looks and sounds gorgeous!

6. mjskit says:

Another great combination for a smoothie! I also use almond milk. I like the texture it adds as opposed to milk. Plus I use the vanilla flavored so I get a little more sweetness. :) Wish I had some frozen pineapples right now! Have a great weekend!

7. Dongxing says:

Both my kids love smoothies, I tend to use frozen berries which is their favourite. I will definitely try with pineapple, if there is any left – they just love to eat pineapple and the fruits just disappear so fast. I must give this almond milk a try, probably taste better than cow’s milk…

I find pineapples a little on the “sharp” side. Like it much better in a smoothie mixed with banana. Almond milk on its own is okay but it is great in a smoothie. Do give it a try. :)

8. Jayne says:

I became lactose intolerant in my mid-20s so using almond milk is perfect. I’m not good with food in the morning, but this is a smoothie I would definitely be able to stomach before work!

9. Hello Berin,

I just want to inform you that we’ve shared this post to our Pinterest board here: http://www.pinterest.com/amazingherbsoil/natural-foods/. We also followed you on Pinterest and would like to share more interesting posts from your great site.

Regards,

Amazing Herbs and Oils Team

10. Cj says:

Congratulations on your selection as Foodista’s Drink Blog of the Day!

I would to personally invite you to share your gorgeous food photos with us over at Food Foto Gallery . com – In April alone, we had 26,382 visitors to the site & there’s no complicated approval process like the big guys. Any photos related to food (that are not watermarked) are accepted & get posted automatically. Being a food blogger, myself, we also share our daily faves on social media, giving exposure to fellow foodies whenever we can.

Let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you at the site :)