Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches flavored with home blended spice mix. Minimum preparation time and can feed a crowd. Great for tailgate parties.
The beginning of a new school year is a busy time for most families. It can get hectic sending the kids to and back from school and activities. The hours just seem to fly by and when dinner time approaches, it can be stressful. This is where slow cooker meals come in. Nothing beats coming home to a slow cooked dinner after a hectic day.
I have also been using my slow cooker a lot lately. Two weeks ago, I shared about tailgating at our church and these Slow Cooker Chili Dogs and Chili Chips. Slow cooker meals are popular at tailgate parties and in keeping with the theme, I recently made these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches for dinner. They were moist, tasty, super easy, and fuss free. Gotta love that!
I pulled the sirloin roast out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator the day before so that it would be ready the next morning. It took less than 10 minutes to cook the sauce on the stove and place everything in the slow cooker. I was out of the door in no time at all, happy with the knowledge that we will all have a hot meal waiting for us at the end of the day.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) apple juice
- 2¼ lbs (1 kg) sirloin roast
- 8 hamburger buns
- Prepared coleslaw for serving
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, chipotle pepper, ground pepper, salt, and apple juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve brown sugar and allow sauce to thicken slightly. Turn off stove.
- Place sirloin roast in slow cooker insert. Pour prepared sauce over pork in slow cooker insert. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Half way through cooking, turn the pork.
- Remove the pork to a plate. Leave the sauce in the slow cooker insert to keep warm. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return shredded pork to the slow cooker. Mix with sauce.
- Mound pulled pork onto bottom of buns. Top with some coleslaw and cover with bun tops.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎