These Molten Cheese Burger oozing with melted cheese and flavor are the juiciest hamburgers you ever tasted. They are a must try!
Everyone, well almost everyone has their favorite hamburger and this Molten Cheese Burger is fast becoming a favorite at our house. They are super juicy and packed with flavor. The secret to that juiciness comes from the melted cheese in the center and a light hand in shaping the patties. Both my sons think they are the best and have requested that I make them again soon.
The idea for this burger was inspired by the renown “Jucy Lucy” or “Juicy Lucy”, a burger created here in Minneapolis. Two restaurants on the same street in South Minneapolis claimed to have invented it. To distinguish one from the other, the “i” in “juicy” is dropped by one of them. Whatever the case, these burgers are truly juicy because of that core of melted cheese.
Over the years, many have created their own versions of the Lucy. I am joining in the fun with my Molten Cheese Burger flavored with onion, sweet peppers, chipotle pepper, and cumin. For the cheese, I use soft American single cheese which melts easily. I am very pleased with the results and I think you will too. Do give it a try.
Molten Cheese Burger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (plus a little more for the pan)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 small sweet peppers (finely diced)
- 1¼ lbs 85% lean ground beef (565g)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 slices American single cheese (folded into quarters)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tomato (thinly sliced)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Add chopped onion and sweet peppers and sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl. Add salt, ground pepper, chipotle pepper, cumin, and sauté onion and sweet peppers. Mix well.
- Divide into 4 portions. Shape into a patty. Flatten the patty and place a slice of folded cheese in the middle. Wrap the meat around the cheese. Again shape into a patty with the cheese in the middle. Repeat with the remaining 3 patties.
- Place a skillet on the stove over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add just a thin coating of oil. Transfer meat patties to the skillet and allow them to cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning once.
- To serve, split a hamburger bun in half. Place a piece of lettuce on the bottom half of the bun followed by a meat patty, onion, and a slice of tomato. Top with the other half of the hamburger bun. Enjoy!
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎