These fun Sugar Cookies are buttery, eggless, and easy to handle. Only 5 ingredients and your choice of shapes and sprinkles.
Sugar Cookies are such fun and happy cookies to make. They can be simple or elaborate depending on the occasion and your mood. I actually made these together with a bunch of other cookies some weeks back for Vacation Bible School. Since the teenage helpers worked so hard, I decided to do my part by putting in a little more effort to decorate the cookies.
Christmas Cookie Cutters
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
I used my Christmas gingerbread cookie cutters to make the boys, girls, and hands that did the work. The hearts represent love and the flowers just because. I have a set of unused train cookie cutters which I brought out to cut two engines, carriages, and cabboses for the littler kids. That made up my tray of thirty nine Sugar Cookies with a couple more that never even made it to the wire rack. 😉
The other cookies I made for the week long event were my personal favorite Coconut Pecan Cookies (on the far left) and Pecan Creme de Menthe Cookies (on the far right). Others included the very popular Soft Chewy M&M Cookies and Cinnamon Chip Cookies which I did not take a picture of. I have some friends asking for the recipe and so I may just take the excuse to make another batch soon. The Checkerboard Cookies (in the center) should be posted in the days ahead.
Egg Free Sugar Cookies
I did not use eggs in these cookies but they were not difficult to handle at all. I chilled the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before rolling and cutting them into shapes. Chilling the dough helps make it firmer and easier to handle especially on warm days.
Shimmer Sugar Used to Make these Sugar Cookies
Please decorate the cookies however you desire. I simply used my stock of shimmer/sparkly sugar.
Similar Products Used in Making These Sugar Cookies
• Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
• Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
• AirBake Nonstick 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 14in x 12in and 16in x 14in
• Kitchenatics 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling and Roasting Rack
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and milk and continue to beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as possible.
- Add the rest and knead until dough comes together, about 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Cut into desired shape using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Add sugar sprinkles before removing cookie cutter.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bake cookies in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sugar Cookies for the Holidays
Summer is almost over and before we know it, the year end holidays will be upon us. Do make some Sugar Cookies now for afternoon and after school snack and don’t forget to bookmark the recipe for the holidays.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎