Can you believe I have never tasted Nutella until now? Time to give it a taste test. I really like hazelnuts and I must say that I do like the taste of this dark, nutty spread. Now is the time to use that packet of chocolate tube pasta sitting in the pantry to make this Pasta con Nutella.
This tube pasta is about an inch in diameter and stuffing it appears to be the way to go. Not wanting to run to the store again, I combined the Nutella with some cream cheese I had in the fridge. If you are going to the store, I suggest getting some mascarpone cheese as it would do really well here. The filling was rich and creamy with a slight alcoholic taste coming from the milky white chocolate liqueur. The Nutella provided the sweetness and a nutty flavor. Do give it a try.
The only cooking involved here is boiling the pasta. Here is what you need to put this dessert together.
- 12 large chocolate tube pasta (1-inch diameter and 1½-inch lengths)
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 4 tbsp white chocolate liqueur
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar
- Boil chocolate pasta for about 12 to 14 minutes or per packaging instruction. Remove, rinse under cold water, drain.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix Nutella and cream cheese with a fork until well combined. Transfer to a sandwich bag. Cut off a corner of the bag.
- Pipe Nutella and cream cheese mixture into pasta tubes.
- Place three filled chocolate pasta on a dish. Drizzle with one tablespoon chocolate liqueur. Garnish with toasted almond slices and powdered sugar. Repeat with the remaining pasta.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day!