M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

Please sharePin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on YummlyShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrEmail this to someone

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

I was sold the first time I set eyes on these fun M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels. They are pretty and festive. The sweet and salty combination makes them irresistible. There can never be too many of these as they make lovely gifts in clear bags tied with ribbons or in holiday cookie tins.

These treats are easy to put together and there is hardly any clean up involved. While the unwrapping of the Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses can be a little tedious, they are well worth the effort. If you have several little helpers around the house, this could be a fun holiday baking activity.

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

I found this recipe at Family Fun Magazine. Last year, I made them with windowpane pretzels. This time round, I used holiday pretzels shaped into stars and Christmas trees.

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

For the candy, I combined Hershey’s candy cane kisses and M&M’s holiday mint chocolate giving these treats a sweet, salty, and minty combination.

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

Be sure to watch the oven as you do not want to over heat the chocolate and have it melted all the way. White chocolate tend to melt faster than regular chocolate. If you are using both Hugs (white chocolate) and Kisses (milk or dark chocolate), you would want to melt them in separate trays.

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

Yield: 120 pieces

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

• 1 bag pretzels (windowpane or holiday pretzels)
  • 1 bag Holiday M&Ms
  • 2 bags Hershey’s candy cane Kisses or Hugs

Preheat oven to 170°F (80°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.

Set pretzels in a single layer on lined baking tray. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Kiss or Hug. Bake for 4 to 6** minutes until chocolate feels soft. Remove from oven and quickly press an M&M candy into the center of each Kiss or Hugs.

Allow treats to cool for a few minutes before placing entire tray into the refrigerator to set for about 10 to 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

Notes

**White chocolate Hugs tend to melt more quickly.

M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels

1. Elin says:

Biren…those xmas pretzels sure look yummy. Great for kids :) Great job ! I would never have thought of it…adding kisses and M&Ms to it :) Merry Xmas to you and family !

2. Loveforfood says:

What mouth watering pictures you have here! I am off to check out the recipe… can’t wait!!!

3. Rumana Rawat says:

Superb!!! what a mouthwatering pictures:)

4. How fun and festive!! I bought a bag of the candy cane Hershey’s kiss as well. My kids are loving them…I bet they are great in this combo. :)

5. Wonderful treats, Biren! The best thing is they are so easy to make!

6. Ruby says:

Very cute. We don’t get Hershey’s Hugs or Kisses here, but I’m actually thinking that might be a good thing. Too many sweets on my counter already! ;-)

7. Jeannie says:

Wow this is super easy and delicious! I am sure I would enjoy eating these sweet treats! Yum!

8. WOW! This looks super easy to make. A great treat for Christmas season :)

9. Lovely treat! I am crazy for the mix of pretzel and chocolate.

10. Those are so fun to make and tasty to eat!

11. I love these, they are so versital with any viriety you can think of. Yours look gorgeous. I’ve made them with rollos (chocolate with caramel inside). Yummy, when will I be getting my box? :)

12. I would be best friends with anyone who gave me a tin of these.

13. Julie M. says:

I LOVE these! I made them last year as well and couldn’t stop eating them. the ones with the rolos were sooo good as well. Have a wonderful Christmas holiday and all the best to you and your family my good friend!

I love them too! The sweet and salty combination is just irresistible. Lyndsey also mentioned rolos. I will have to give those a try. Thank you Julie for your friendship. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas too! :)

14. wok with ray says:

Biren, it’s very creative of you. You are right about the combination of sweetness, and saltiness. Great gift idea!

15. Blackswan says:

Hey Biren, this is sooooooooo fun! I wanna play with them too. Hahaha! Fantastic gift ideas :)

16. these are the cutest most delectable pretzels I have ever seen! My word, adults and kids are going to love them!

17. vianney says:

The holiday pretzels are so cute..great treat for the kiddos goodie bags!!

18. rebecca says:

love this cute and easy

19. Oh these are too fun! The main problem I would have unwrapping the kisses would be stopping myself from eating them :)
    Love these!
    Happy holidays Biren…

20. simply.food says:

These looks os cute nad pretty. Please do send them to lets cook for christmas red/green event@simply.food