I was sold the first time I set eyes on these fun M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels. They are pretty and festive. The sweet and salty combination makes them irresistible. There can never be too many of these as they make lovely gifts in clear bags tied with ribbons or in holiday cookie tins.
These treats are easy to put together and there is hardly any clean up involved. While the unwrapping of the Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses can be a little tedious, they are well worth the effort. If you have several little helpers around the house, this could be a fun holiday baking activity.
I found this recipe at Family Fun Magazine. Last year, I made them with windowpane pretzels. This time round, I used holiday pretzels shaped into stars and Christmas trees.
For the candy, I combined Hershey’s candy cane kisses and M&M’s holiday mint chocolate giving these treats a sweet, salty, and minty combination.
Be sure to watch the oven as you do not want to over heat the chocolate and have it melted all the way. White chocolate tend to melt faster than regular chocolate. If you are using both Hugs (white chocolate) and Kisses (milk or dark chocolate), you would want to melt them in separate trays.
- 1 bag pretzels (windowpane or holiday pretzels)
- 1 bag Holiday M&Ms
- 2 bags Hershey’s candy cane Kisses or Hugs
- Preheat oven to 170°F (80°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Set pretzels in a single layer on lined baking tray. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Kiss or Hug. Bake for 4 to 6** minutes until chocolate feels soft. Remove from oven and quickly press an M&M candy into the center of each Kiss or Hugs.
- Allow treats to cool for a few minutes before placing entire tray into the refrigerator to set for about 10 to 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day!