Fun, festive M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels with an irresistible sweet salty combination. Takes only minutes to prepare.
I was sold the first time I set eyes on these fun M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels. They are pretty and festive. The sweet and salty combination makes them irresistible. There can never be too many of these as they make lovely gifts in clear bags tied with ribbons or in holiday cookie tins.
These treats are easy to put together and there is hardly any clean up involved. While the unwrapping of the Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses can be a little tedious, they are well worth the effort. If you have several little helpers around the house, this could be a fun holiday baking activity.
I found this recipe at Family Fun Magazine. In previous years, I made them with star and Christmas tree shaped holiday pretzels. This time round, I used window pane pretzels. For the candy, I combined Hershey’s candy cane kisses and M&M’s holiday chocolate giving these treats a sweet and salty combination. You can also use M&M’s holiday mint chocolate instead for a minty flavor.
Watch The Oven
Be sure to watch the oven as you do not want to over heat the chocolate and have it melted all the way. White chocolate tend to melt faster than regular chocolate. If you are using both Hugs (white chocolate) and Kisses (milk or dark chocolate), you would want to melt them in separate trays.
Tools Used in Making These M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Hersheys Kisses Candy Cane Christmas Edition 2 Pounds Approx. 190 Kisses
Hershey’s Hugs Kisses Candies, Classic 10.6 oz Bag – 2 Pack
M&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate Christmas Candy, Party Size, 38 oz
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Reynolds Kitchens Unbleached Parchment Paper Roll, 45 Square Feet
If You Care Parchment Baking Paper 70 Sq Ft Roll, Unbleached
Clear Half Gallon Wide-mouth Glass Jars (2-Pack), 64-Ounce / 2-Quart
M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels
- 1 bag pretzels (window pane or holiday pretzels) (24 oz/680g)
- 1 bag Holiday M&M (9.9 oz/280g)
- 2 bags Hershey’s candy cane Kisses or Hugs (20 oz /566g)
- Preheat oven to 170°F (80°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Set pretzels in a single layer on lined baking tray. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Kiss or Hug.
- Bake for 4 to 6** minutes until chocolate feels soft.
- Remove from oven and quickly press an M&M candy into the center of each Kiss or Hugs.
- Allow treats to cool for a few minutes before placing entire tray into the refrigerator to set for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.
Christmas Dessert Board
These fun and festive pretzels are perfect on my Christmas Dessert Board. They add a sweet, salt, and minty combination to the board.
NOTE: The original publication of this post was on December 15th, 2011. This republication comes with updated pictures and minor changes to the writeup but the recipe remains the same.