Marmalade is my favorite jam. I always have a jar or two in the refrigerator and in the pantry. It is delicious spread on toast or used in baking and cooking. Recently, I had opened a larger than usual jar. That gave me an excuse to make this Marmalade Pork Loin and marvelous Marmalade Tea Cake posted on my other blog, Tea Tattler. Once I got started, I could not stop.
I used half a cup of marmalade each for the tea cake and this beautiful chunk of boneless Marmalade Pork Loin. Orange and pork just seem to go so well together. Little else is needed. Since it was a huge piece of meat, I kept it simple by adding only some dried rosemary, pepper, and a cinnamon stick. I did not want to turn on the oven again and so I allowed the meat to cook slowly in my cast iron Dutch oven on the stove.
After almost two hours of cooking, we were rewarded with a deliciously moist and fork tender Marmalade Pork Loin for dinner. The boys enjoyed it so much I made it again yesterday evening. That was the end of my jar of marmalade but I am glad it was put to good use. Time to get another jar soon. 😉
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (3 lbs/ 1.35 kg) boneless pork loin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup (140g) orange marmalade
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Sprinkle rosemary and pepper over pork loin.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven. Brown pork loin on all sides.
- Add orange marmalade and 1 cup (240ml) water.
- Bring to a boil, then add cinnamon stick and salt.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Turn pork loin once half way through cooking.
- When done, remove pork loin and cinnamon stick. Cover pork loin with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoons water. Pour into gravy and let it come to a boil. Cook until thick and bubbly. Turn off heat.
- Slice pork loin and serve with gravy.
I served this Marmalade Pork Loin Asian style with rice and stir fried vegetables. It will also be wonderful served with Roasted Cauliflower and these amazing Pan Fried Smashed Fingerling Potatoes. I hope you will give it a try. You will not be disappointed.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎