Nothing beats coming home to a perfectly cooked Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast dinner. It…
Deliciously moist Marmalade Pork Loin Roast cooked slowly in a Dutch oven until fork tender. Excellent for a weekend dinner or special occasion.
Marmalade is my favorite jam. I always have a jar or two in the refrigerator and in the pantry. It is delicious spread on toast or used in baking and cooking. Recently, I opened a larger than usual jar which gave me an excuse to make this Marmalade Pork Loin Roast. I also made a beautiful loaf of Marmalade Tea Cake posted on my other blog, Tea Tattler.
Once I got started, I could not stop. I used half a cup of marmalade for each recipe. The tea cake was marvelous and so was this gorgeous chunk of boneless Marmalade Pork Loin Roast. Orange and pork just seem to go so well together. Little else was needed.
I kept it simple by adding some dried rosemary, pepper, and a cinnamon stick. I did all the cooking in my cast iron Dutch oven on the stove. After nearly two hours of cooking, I was rewarded with this deliciously moist and fork tender Marmalade Pork Loin Roast for dinner.
The boys enjoyed it so much I made it again yesterday evening. That was the end of my jar of marmalade but I am glad it was put to good use. Time to get another jar soon. 😉
Marmalade Pork Loin Roast
- Sprinkle rosemary and pepper over pork loin.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven. Brown pork loin on all sides.
- Add orange marmalade and water.
- Bring to a boil, then add cinnamon stick and salt.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Turn pork loin once half way through cooking.
- When done, remove pork loin and cinnamon stick. Cover pork loin with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into gravy and let it come to a boil. Cook until thick and bubbly. Turn off heat.
- Slice pork loin and serve with gravy.
I served this Marmalade Pork Loin Roast Asian style with rice and stir fried vegetables. If you prefer a more Western style meal, I think the pork will be delicious paired with these Pan Fried Smashed Fingerling Potatoes. For a salad, try this Cara Cara Orange Blackberry Salad. Do give it a try.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎