Perfectly grilled Beef and Chicken Satay served with a delicious Peanut Sauce, cubes of Nasi…
Moist and flavorful Asian Style Meatloaf flavored with hoisin and soy sauce. Delicious served with rice for a truly Asian taste.
Meatloaf is considered by many as a comfort food associated with childhood. It is a very homey and easy dish to prepare especially with ground meat from the grocery store. Just mix in breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasonings, pop it into a loaf pan, and bake for an hour. Steam or roast some vegetables for a side and dinner is served.
Curious About Meatloaf
Growing up in Malaysia, meatloaf was unheard of. We had many minced meat dishes like steamed pork and meatballs but never meatloaf. When I moved here, I was curious and had to check it out. Outside of home, meatloaf can be found at home or cafeteria style restaurants. I tried it and enjoyed it very much. So did my boys. To date, I have tried several versions and even posted an Eggless Meatloaf three years back.
Asian Style Seasoning and Glaze
Today, I am excited to share with you this delicious Asian Style Meatloaf, adapted from Allrecipes.com. This version calls for a mix of ground beef and pork. It uses hoisin sauce, soy sauce, minced ginger, and tomato ketchup for the seasoning. I added some garlic and swapped out the celery for green onions.
The hoisin sauce and tomato ketchup seasoning and glaze was amazing! I added half of the mixture into the meatloaf to give it a little more flavor. The meatloaf was moist and quite delicious eaten with rice. Mashed potatoes will also go nicely with it. I will definitely be making this again and I hope you will give it a try.
Similar Products Used in Making This Asian Style Meatloaf
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Asian Style Meatloaf
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 inch ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 green onions (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce (100g)
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup (100g)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (450g)
- 1 lb lean ground pork (450g)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (60g)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- In a medium sized non-stick fry pan heat vegetable oil. Cook onion, garlic, ginger, and green onions over medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Mix hoisin sauce and tomato ketchup in a small bowl. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine ground beef, pork, breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, pepper, cooked vegetables, and half of the hoisin sauce mixture in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 9-in x 5-in loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Drain fat from pan.
- Spread remaining hoisin sauce on the top of meatloaf. Return to oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before serving.