Luscious Mango Lemongrass Ice Cream - the delightful combination of mangoes and lemongrass makes this…
Rich creamy Blueberry Ice Cream using only 4 ingredients and no eggs. A simple and delicious treat on a warm day or any time of the year.
The extended 4th of July weekend was a productive one for the Ro-Ri household. We celebrated our freedom by splitting logs. There was a whole stack of logs at the end of the yard that needed splitting for firewood. Hydraulic wood splitters made the job a little easier. Even then, it took us two days to haul the logs, split and stack the wood, and do the clean up. Thank God for two teenage boys!
Hauling those huge logs from one end of the yard to the log splitter was a major task in itself. There are two layers of logs from two fell trees of previous years and branches trimmed from last year’s autumn tree trimming.
Ro-Taro did most of the hauling.
Ro-Ri San manned the log splitter.
Ro-Jiro helped with the stacking.
Biren stacked wood at the patio close to the fire bowl and took pictures. 🙂
More stacked wood…
All nicely covered to keep the firewood dry. This should last us four winters. Yes, we do have central heating. This is just for the fireplace.
Of course, Biren made the Blueberry Ice Cream! She felt a little like Ma Ingalls of Little House on the Prairie. Thanks to modern amenities, she did not have to milk the cows and hand churn the ice cream but she still lives in the Prairie. 😉
Similar Tools Used in Making This Blueberry Ice Cream
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 2 cups blueberries (picked, rinsed and drained)
- ¾ cups sugar (165g)
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk (240ml)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480ml)
- Freeze ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- Combine blueberries and sugar in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Do not cover but mashed blueberries with spatula and stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Removed from heat and pour into a large bowl. Stir in half-and-half and cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place frozen bowl on base of ice cream maker and turn it on. Pour chilled mixture into frozen bowl and churn until desired consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer ice cream to a container and place in freezer for a couple of hours.
This Blueberry Ice Cream is rich and creamy, a perfect antidote to the heat. Adults can have it with a little white chocolate liquer. 😉
Should this be converted into a vegetable plot or a flower bed?
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎