Fire up the grill for these colorful and tasty Chicken Pineapple Sausage Kabobs with a peanut butter hot sauce marinade. They are quick, easy, and delicious.
The spring weather has been particularly wonderful these past two weeks. It is sunny, not too chilly, and dry. Definitely a great excuse to fire up the grill, particularly during the weekend. For our first grilling of the season, Ro-Ri san and I decided on these fun and colorful Chicken Pineapple Sausage Kabobs. We also threw in a couple of fresh sweet corn and turmeric chicken breasts for good measure.
Everything on the grill turned out beautifully. The kabobs and corn were sweet and juicy while the Grilled Turmeric Chicken provided a nice salty contrast. The grilling took only about 20 minutes in all and dinner was served.
If you have never tried Grilled Pineapple, you are missing out. Grilling causes the sugars to caramelize and the flavor to intensify. It also reduces the acidity somewhat. For these kabobs, I left them as is without any added spices.
Chicken Pineapple Sausage Kabobs
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast (cubed) (10.5oz/300g)
- 4 fully cooked Polish kielbasa (cut into 5 pieces each)
- ½ pineapple (cubed)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Soak 8 large bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Wrap the blunt end with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
- Place cubed chicken meat in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine all marinade ingredients together with 1 tablespoon water.
- Pour over chicken and mix well. Cover and allow chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Thread 2 pieces each of marinated chicken, Polish kielbasa, and cubed pineapple alternately onto each skewer.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Oil the grill with vegetable oil. Place skewers on grill. Brush vegetable oil on each skewer and grill, turning occasionally until the chicken and sausage are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.
Ro-Ri San and I enjoyed our dinner with a glass of Moscato d’Asti. Cheers to a lovely spring and fun filled summer!
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎
Leave a Reply