This Creamy Mashed Potatoes are buttery and fluffy. Be sure to make enough because everyone…
Made from scratch Creamy Turkey Gravy with roasted turkey pan drippings. The addition of half-and-half makes this gravy deliciously creamy.
Creamy Turkey Gravy is so easy to make when you use the leftover drippings from your Thanksgiving Turkey. I have three Roast Turkey recipes on this blog that you can choose from and they are as follows.
Turkey Pan Drippings
The good thing is that as long as you roast a turkey, you will get pan drippings no matter which Roast Turkey recipe you use. This is important because the pan drippings make the best gravy. Besides that few other ingredients are needed, namely butter, flour, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. These are ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry and refrigerator. All that remains is to whip it up and it takes no time at all. You can do that while the roast turkey is resting after coming out of the oven.
A Smooth Creamy Turkey Gravy
There are different methods of making turkey gravy. Some people like to deglaze the pan and include the solids in their gravy. Others like me, prefer a smooth gravy where the pan drippings are strained and the solids discarded. I also like to add some half-and-half to the gravy to make it richer and creamier. This was something I learnt many years ago from a family friend and there is no looking back. I have made it this way since.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Creamy Turkey Gravy
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Blue Rose Polish Pottery Charleston Gravy Boat & Plate
Polish Pottery Spring Blossom Gravy Boat & Plate
Blue Rose Polish Pottery Sofia Gravy Boat & Ladle
Blue Rose Polish Pottery Scarlett Gravy Boat & Plate
Pyrex Prepware 1-Cup Measuring Cup
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
French Whip 8-inch
- 2 cups roasted turkey pan drippings (480ml)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup half-and-half (120ml)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Strain roasted turkey pan drippings through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve 2 cups (480ml) of pan drippings. If insufficient, top up with chicken stock. Discard the solids.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add all-purpose flour and whisk until lightly brown and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually pour in the reserved pan drippings and whisk to combine with the roux until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Add half-and-half and continue to whisk until smooth. Add ground pepper and salt (if necessary). Drippings may be sufficiently salty, so make sure to taste before adding the salt. Allow gravy to heat through. Turn off stove.
- Transfer gravy into a gravy boat and serve with Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
A Delicious Thanksgiving Dinner
This Creamy Turkey Gravy is perfect drizzled over my Creamy Mashed Potatoes. Many other cultures prepare a roast turkey for Christmas and so our Thanksgiving dinner would definitely work as your Christmas Eve dinner.