This easy to cook one-skillet, lightly spiced, zesty Cilantro Lime Chicken Rice is sure to…
Quick and easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Rice, perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Takes only 40 minutes to prepare.
I love one-pot meals as they are really convenient for today’s busy lifestyle. Instead of pulling out a TV-dinner from the freezer or doing a take-out, one pot meals are a much better and healthier option. They are quick and easy to prepare, and dinner can be served in under an hour.
This quick and easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Rice is a family favorite. The ingredients used are the ones normally found in our fridge. It is best cooked with chicken broth but chicken bouillon works just fine for a quick weeknight meal. Lemon pepper gives the dish just a hint of tanginess.
Stove Top or Rice Cooker
This Lemon Pepper Chicken Rice can be cooked on the stove (as shown below) or in the rice cooker. I have done it both ways yielding the same results. The good thing about using the rice cooker is that you do not have to baby sit once it is transferred there. It will continue to cook by itself and keep warm after it is done.
If you choose to use the rice cooker, transfer rice after Step 3 to the rice cooker insert. Then pour water directly into the insert and continue with the rest of the steps in the rice cooker inself. Press the start button and you are all done! Bon Appetit!
Products Used in Making This Lemon Pepper Chicken Rice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
T-fal Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Anti-Warp Base Glass Lid Cookware, 12-Inch, Gray
Le Creuset of America Craft Series Medium Spatula – Marseille
McCormick Perfect Pinch Lemon & Pepper Seasoning, 11.37 oz
Lemon Pepper Chicken Rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 stick celery (diced)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper spice blend
- 8 oz chicken breast (diced) (225g)
- 2 cups long grain rice (rinsed and drained) (300g)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- ¾ cup frozen green peas (115g)
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Sauté onion and garlic for one minute. Add carrots, celery, and lemon pepper spice blend. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook till opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add rice and stir to combine.
- Pour in 2¼ cups (540ml) water. Add tomatoes and green peas.
- Stir in chicken bouillon and season with salt.
- Cover pot with lid. When liquid comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and allow it to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Turn down heat to the lowest possible setting and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat and remove pot.
- Let cooked rice sit for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork and dish onto plates. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.
NOTE: This post was updated on November 15th, 2013 with new pictures.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎