Rich and moist Banana Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, perfectly satisfying for mid-morning snack…
Do not dump your over ripe mangoes. Put it to good use in this moist and flavorful Mango Coconut Pound Cake.
Summers in Minnesota can be rather hot and humid. It has been raining the past week and so the humidity is high. The air is just laden with moisture. The ground is moist and covered with dew in the mornings. It is not the most comfortable feeling in the world.
Use Over Ripen Mangoes in This Mango Coconut Pound Cake
When the weather is like that, fruits that sit in the basket on the counter ripen very quickly. The relatively green mango that I had bought recently turned a little too soft for my liking. Not wanting to throw it away, I decided to put it to good use in this Mango Coconut Pound Cake.
It was quite a big mango and so one was sufficient to flavor the cake. I peeled the mango and cut it up the best I could. Since it was quite soft, there was no need to puree it. I simply folded in the mango towards the end so that bits of it can be seen throughout the cake.
Instead of regular milk, I decided to use coconut milk instead. While I was at it, I added one third cup of unsweetened dried grated coconut. It was all good and the cake came out beautifully moist and flavorful.
Tools Used in Making This Mango Coconut Pound Cake
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Mango Coconut Pound Cake
- Grease and flour an 8-in x 4-in loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C).
- Sift all-purpose flour and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add half the flour mixture and half of the coconut milk. Beat on low speed. Then add remaining flour mixture, coconut milk, and unsweetened dried grated coconut. Continue to beat until combine. Fold in mango with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎