Buttery melt-in-the-mouth Shortbread Stamped Cookies using only 4 simple ingredients. A beautiful and delicious addition…
These buttery and fragrant Peanut Butter Stamped Cookies uses only 4 ingredients. They make a delightful tea time treat or snack.
The weather in the last 24 hours has been truly frightful and so to keep things delightful, I decided to bake some Peanut Butter Stamped Cookies. If not for the fact that my son was travelling with his friends back from camp a hundred miles away, I would have said, “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!” As it turned out, I baked cookies and waited anxiously for his return.
It started snowing near midnight on Saturday and continued throughout Sunday. Ro-Ri San went out early in the morning to clear the snow from the driveway so that we could go to church but the snow kept coming down in large flakes. Before we left, he had to clear it one more time. By early afternoon, 12 inches of snow had fallen. The snow was wet and heavy. Good thing we had a snow thrower to do the job.
Peanut Butter Stamped Cookies by the Fire
Since there was no place to go, we built a fire in the fireplace and spent a lazy afternoon by it. The fire was really so delightful. It made the place warm and cozy, perfect for enjoying the Peanut Butter Stamped Cookies and a cup of sweet spicy Christmas tea. Fortunately, the cookies also turned out to be quite delightful. They were buttery and fragrant and went nicely with the tea. By the time we were done with tea, Ro-Jiro (second son) arrived home safely. 🙂
I found this ceramic cookie stamp at World Market earlier this week. They came in two designs. My first choice was the red stamp with the words “Made with Love”. Unfortunately the cookie stamp did not survive the trip home as it wasn’t properly wrapped. The handle must have knocked something and it broke right off. Upon my return to the store I was sadly disappointed that the red cookie stamps were all gone and so I had to settle for this green one with the words, “Home Made”. This one is also cute but I do intend to go back and get the other one sometime. Hopefully, the store will restock them soon.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
If you do not live near a World Market and are interested to purchase a cookie stamp on-line, here is a slightly different one you may want to consider.
Similar Tools Used in Making These Peanut Butter Stamped Cookies
- 1 stick butter (softened) (½ cup/115g)
- 1/3 cup sugar (75g)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (140g)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (225g)
- Prepare one 3-inch round cookie stamp and one 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add creamy peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Stir in all-purpose flour. Knead until dough comes together, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Roll out dough to about 3/16 (4.5 cm) of an inch. Dust cookie stamp with flour and press onto dough. Remove cookie stamp. Place cookie cutter over stamped dough and cut out stamped cookie.
- With a flat edge spatula, lift cookie onto baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up. You may need to roll out remaining dough 2 or 3 times.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎