Buttery melt-in-the-mouth Shortbread Stamped Cookies using only 4 simple ingredients. A beautiful and delicious addition to any holiday.
Nowadays, cookie stamps are relative rare items. They are not to be found in most kitchen stores except during the Christmas and holiday season. Whenever I see them, I tend to snap them up because of their beauty and the collector’s bug in me. 🙂
Two weeks ago I came across these adorable wood and silicone stamps at Homegoods. They come in four different designs but the store I was at only carried two of them. Not to be deterred, I called the other stores in the Metro area to check for availability. It paid off as I was able to get all three holiday designs and one with the words “Home Made” on it.
These beautiful cookie stamps are from Birkmann, a German producer of bake ware. The colorful silicone portion of the stamp is about 3 inches in diameter and it can be removed from the wooden handle for soaping and washing. The great thing about these stamps are that they do stamp and release the cookie dough very easily.
4 Ingredients Egg Free Shortbread Stamped Cookies
There is a recipe that came with each stamp but I decided to use a simple egg free 4 ingredients shortbread recipe instead. I am glad I did as these delightful Shortbread Stamped Cookies are so buttery with an almost melt-in-the-mouth texture. I am really happy with the way they turned out. If you do not have cookie stamps, simply use your favorite cookie cutter.
A Giveaway to Celebrate 4th Blogiversary
On a different note, Roti n Rice will be 4 years old on December 31st, 2013. I am giving away this special cookie stamp made by Birkmann with the words Home Made to one lucky reader. The winner will be selected from those leaving a comment on my 4th Blogiversary post to be published on December 31st, 2013.
Tools Used in Making These Shortbread Stamped Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
• Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
• Stainless Steel 5 Inch Fine Mesh Flour Sifter
• Cookie Stamp Gingerbread Man
• Cookie Stamp Snowflake
• Merry Christmas Cookie Stamp
• Stainless Steel Round Cookie Cutter Set, 3 pieces
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour (260 gm)
- ¼ cup rice flour (35g)
- 2 sticks salted butter (softened) (8oz/226g)
- ½ cup powdered sugar / icing sugar (65g)
- Combine all-purpose flour and rice flour in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream salted butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour mixture. Blend with pastry blender until dough comes together. Wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
- Place dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Roll out dough to about ¼ inch thick.
- Dust cookie stamp with flour and press onto dough. Remove cookie stamp. Place cookie cutter over stamped dough and cut out stamped cookie.
- With a flat edge spatula, lift cookie onto prepared baking tray. Repeat until all dough is used up. You may need to roll out remaining dough 2 or 3 times.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Other Stamped Cookie Recipes
Please do check out the other wonderful stamped cookies on this blog.
Simply click on the link or image to view recipe.
The Reason for the Season
And remember the reason for the season which is to commemorate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎