Whole Baked Sweet Potatoes make a great side dish. They are delicious served as is…
Homemade Baked Potato Chips flavored with salt, pepper, and thyme. Conventional potatoes may be used but Purple Majesty potatoes make these chips stunning!
Purple Majesty potatoes have the deepest purple skin and flesh of all the purple potatoes out there. Although their taste is not very different from conventional potatoes, they are said to have an abundance of purple goodness in them. According to this article, Purple Majesty potatoes have 4 times the level of antioxidants than regular white potatoes. I don’t know about you but the gorgeous color alone is enough to get me going on a search for these amazing tubers.
Sometimes a few of these potatoes can be found in a mix bag of fingerlings but they are rarely sold on their own here in my neck of the woods. I was thrilled that they became available at my local health food store last month. I immediately bought some as I found out that they would only be available in the summer/fall season. I guess it would be something to look forward to next year.
Purple potatoes can be roasted, baked, or mashed to brighten up any dish. They are particularly stunning sliced thinly and made into Baked Potato Chips.
I love how translucent they turned out with patches of gold in each chip. They are crispy and very tasty too!
You can flavor these Baked Potato Chips with your choice of herbs and seasonings. I kept it simple by using kosher salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Using a mandolin, slice potatoes into 1/16th inch thick slices.
- Pat dry with paper towels and place in large bowl.
- Add kosher salt, ground pepper, thyme, and safflower oil. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper. Arrange potato slices on the parchment paper in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove trays from oven and flip potato slices.
- Return trays to oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until chips are crisp and golden brown.
Here are a few other baked potato recipes on this blog. Simply click on the link or image to view recipe.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎