Buttery melt-in-the-mouth Shortbread Stamped Cookies using only 4 simple ingredients. A beautiful and delicious addition…
These Soft Chewy M&M Cookies are always a favorite with the kids and adults. So satisfying and delicious with a glass of cold milk.
It is Vacation Bible School week at our church. With close to a hundred kids attending the 3-hour week-long sessions, many hands are required to make things run smoothly and safely. Scanning through the list of helpers wanted for the event, I figured I would be most useful working in the kitchen. Snacks are a small but important part of VBS because energetic kids, youth, and teachers all need to be fed.
Sweet Treats for the Helpers
One of the tasks of the snack helpers is to provide “fuel” for the other helpers. I offered to make a sweet treat as these can be prepared easily ahead of time. With kids on my mind, I immediately thought of Soft Chewy M&M Cookies. Even though these treats are for the adults, I am sure they would not mind. 😉
Egg-Free Soft Chewy M&M Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
My version of these colorful and cheerful cookies are egg-free, as are most of the other cookies on this blog. For the candy, I managed to buy those delightful mini M&M milk chocolate candies which are perfect for baking. They are usually found in the baking and not the candy aisle of the grocery store. Please use the regular size M&Ms if you can’t find the minis.
Similar Products Used in Making These Soft Chewy M&M Cookies
• Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
• Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
• AirBake Nonstick 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 14in x 12in and 16in x 14in
• Kitchenatics 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling and Roasting Rack
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add flour and beat till dough comes together.
- Mix in mini M&M. Form into walnut-sized balls and flatten to form disks. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
I always take my cookies with a cup of tea but Ro-Jiro (second son) prefers it with a glass of cold milk any day. 🙂
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎