Super quick Plum Sauce Salmon with minimum prep work. Only 5 ingredients and less than…
Juicy and tender Spicy Sesame Salmon cooked in clay baker with cucumber and tomatoes. The piquant sauce makes it very appetizing.
Claypots are one of my favorite kitchen cookware. A well seasoned pot is a joy to cook in. Food cooked in these pots are flavorful, moist, and tender. Most claypots can be placed on the stove tops and are able to withstand low to medium heat.
Clay bakers on the other hand are unglazed vessels with lids. They have an attractive and rustic appearance and can be used to serve the dish cooked in it. Clay bakers are never placed on the stove top. They have to be soaked and placed in a cold oven and brought up to temperature. The slow evaporation of steam results in very tender and juicy meats. For more on claypots, do check out my post Claypot Chicken Rice.
One of the best ways to prepare salmon is to bake it in the clay baker. It keeps the fish juicy and tender. The fresh flavor of cucumber pairs well with the salmon and the piquant sauce makes it very appetizing. This Spicy Sesame Salmon is best served with steamed jasmine rice.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
- Pre-soak claypot as directed.
- Peel cucumber and slice in quarters lengthwise. Cut off seeds and slice cucumber diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Transfer drained cucumber and tomatoes to pre-soaked claypot.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of salmon. Place salmon on cucumber and tomatoes.
- Mix garlic chili sauce, vinegar, sugar in a small bowl. Pour over salmon. Drizzle a teaspoon of sesame oil onto salmon.
- Cover claypot and put in a cold oven. Set oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon out excessive juices.
- Drizzle with remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: This post was updated on August 23rd, 2012 with new pictures.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎