Impress family and friends with this hollowed out Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin dessert filled with mixed dried fruits and spices. It is warm, delicious, and perfect for the holidays.
Much as I love pumpkin and squashes, I promise this Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin will be the last pumpkin post for the season. This dessert is perfect for the holidays and makes a lovely finale to a cozy dinner with family and friends. It is light, yet warm and satisfying. The stewed fruits are sweet and fragrant, almost wine-like. Served with a scoop of that soft, juicy, golden flesh and it feels like a warm hug on a cold night. It is the perfect ending to a sumptuous meal.
I first tasted this wonderful dessert many years back during a Women’s Bible Study Christmas gathering. It was a potluck and we each brought a dish. Everything was delicious and this warm Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin completed the meal nicely. The presentation was indeed lovely and festive.
Preparing Ahead of Time
This dessert may be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. The dried fruits can be left soaking in apple juice inside the hollowed-out pumpkin. Simply add the butter and pop it into the oven just before dinner. Leave it to bake and dessert will be ready after dinner.
Similar Products Used in Making This Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Sweet Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- ¾ cup apple juice (180ml)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine all stuffing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut off top of pumpkin around stem to make a “lid”. Remove seeds and scrape out stringy pulp.
- Fill with stuffing and pour in apple juice.
- Place pumpkin in an oven proof dish. Replace “lid” onto pumpkin.
- Baked for about 2 hours or until it is fork tender.
- Serve warm.