White Christmas Cups

Please sharePin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on YummlyShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrEmail this to someone

White Christmas Cups

This is truly a recipe come home to roost as it is the perfect expression of the winter we are experiencing here in Minnesota. With two huge snowstorms and a third on its way, this is the snowiest winter in the past 20 years. The snow pile is already two to three feet high and it is not going anywhere with the freezing temperatures. No doubts about it, we will be having a white Christmas.

These pretty White Christmas Cups with flecks of red and green are not only light and tasty but also gluten-free. I made these as a holiday treat for the boys to share at school. They are easy to prepare and the only cooking involved is the melting of butter and white chocolate. Even kids can prepare this with a little bit of supervision. I will be making a smaller version for our Christmas gathering next week. The ones shown here are regular sized ones for teenage girls and boys. :)

White Christmas Cups

This recipe was adapted from the Australian Women’s Weekly’s Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits and I am sending it right back to Australia to Penny of Jeroxie for her International Incident Colour Party. My color/colour for the party is white. :)

The original recipe called for red and green glazed cherries but I wanted something minty in the mix. Nestlē’s limited edition dark chocolate and mint morsels provided the perfect substitute for a minty flavor. I separated the mint chips from the chocolate chips and was able to get at least half a cup of the minty morsels. Crushed red and green candy canes would also work.

White Christmas Cups

White Christmas Cups

Yield: 16 cups

White Christmas Cups

• 1 cup (30g) puffed rice cereals
  • 1 cup (60g) coconut flakes, unsweetened
  • 1 cup (90g) non-fat dry milk powder
  • 1/3 cup (45g) powdered sugar
  • ½ cup (90g) glazed red cherries, chopped
  • ½ cup (80g) mint chips
  • 2 sticks (1 cup/225g) butter, melted
  • 1 cup (160g) white chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup (60ml) milk

Prepare 16 regular sized foil baking cups.

Combine rice krispies, coconut flakes, milk powder, powdered sugar, cherries, and mint chips in a large bowl.

Pour in melted butter and stir to get everything thoroughly mixed. Divide mixture evenly into baking cups. Compact mixture using a spoon. Refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow mixture to set.

Melt white chocolate chips with milk in a double boiler.

Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each cup.

White Christmas Cups

White Christmas Cups

1. Ngoc says:

Always looking for gf stuff. This works great!

2. kristy says:

Sounds extremely cold over the other side of the globe! Guess you guys have to stuck in the house for quite a while. And those white goodies look perfect for the coming festive season. Oh, love the mint flavour chocolate chips. I found some butterscotch chips (same brand) on my last trip but don’t see any mint flavour ones. Hope you’re all well and enjoy your day.
    Blessings, Kristy

3. Perfect Christmas treats.

We have had way more snow, way earlier than normal here in Ireland – and there was I thinking we might get a few decent summers from Global warming!!!

4. Cherine says:

The Christmas spirit is in those gorgeous cupcakes!

5. sayantani says:

thats a great recipe to do even at the last moment. no wonder the boys would enjoy this immensely.

6. Anncoo says:

Great and easy recipe, perfect for White Christmas :)

Xmas :)

7. This looks so Christmasey! I’m having trouble this year, getting into the Christmas mood :( Everything is a mess, and there’s still half unpacked luggage around the apartment. I need to get a new tree and decorations and haven’t even figured out my Christmas menu *sigh*

I actually like looking at all your snowy pictures and these treats even remind me of snow :)

That’s ok Denise, you still have time. You are probably still jet lagged and that’s hard. Give yourself a few more days and you should be up and about. :)

Yes, there is much snow outside and so I’ve decided to bring some indoors. ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed the snow pictures.

8. DongXing says:

Hi Biren. These look fabulous, something my two young kids can make. We shall definitely attempt to make these at the weekend, I have a strange feeling that they would not make it to the fridge for the setting part, as my kids are brilliant at “tasting-them-first-to-make-sure-they-are-okay”. Happy Christmas to you and the family, Biren.

These would be perfect to make with your kids. You don’t really have to put them in the fridge in this cold weather. They really taste good and I wcan’t blame your kids if they want to go right at it. :)

You have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.

9. Thanks lovely! Love this christmas love and thanks so much for joining this round.

Many hugs and kisses to you!

10. Sharon Moh says:

oh WOW. These look amaaazing! Looks easy enough to make I’m sure I could handle it. And 2-3 FEET of snow?! Crikey! So jealous!

11. Sommer @ ASP says:

Oh Biren, they looks so festive and yummy! I’ve been seen the Nestle choc. and mint chips, but guarantee you I’ll be looking for them now! We’ve got a big baking weekend ahead–these might make it into the mix if I have find the chips!

12. Faith says:

These are wonderful, Biren! They’re so festive and pretty and I love how they look snow-covered! The mint is a fantastic addition!

13. These look like such yummy treats, love the mint & dark chocolate chips here!

14. We are supposed to have a pretty rough winter here in Seattle, but it hasn’t shown up yet. These are absolutely pretty and festive. Simple too. Can’t beat that! Happy Holidays!

15. subhie says:

lov the mint and dark choc combo…they r so fab….n cute!

16. Roxan says:

Mmm, Biren these look so good! I love mint flavored baked goods – I even made some peppermint brownies last night and included a whole tablespoon of peppermint extract! That’s so weird that rice krispies are in these christmas cups because I can’t see them at all. Are they crunchy?

Please post more pictures of the snow!

Yes, there are rice krispies in there and they are still just a little crunchy. I love the minty and coconuty flavor in these treats!

I probably will be posting more snow pictures. :)

17. Yum those look fantastic. As I was reading I was going through a mental cabinet checklist. Doggone, I don’t have the mint chocolate chips! I’ll have to buy some. :)

18. lequan says:

these treats look perfect for this time of year, Biren. they remind me of snowballs, only with colourful surprises inside. my kiddies would love these! sorry about the big dumps of snow :( if it makes you feel any better, our piles are 3 feet, going on four and we’re expecting more snow in the forecast….sigh.

19. Anna says:

Wow…It really feels I’m in another country when I see the cold east coast is facing. Here at (La, la, la land) the winter didn’t even started. We are having an eternal autumn. I’m not complaining…but I miss a bit the snow. Your treats looks delicious.

20. Wow, these look fantastic and so festive for this time of year! I’ll have to get some mint chips and give these a try.

21. Victoria says:

I love that you added mint to this!! I haven’t seen those chocolate chips yet, but I will definitely be on the lookout :) This is a fun treat, and I love how they encompass all the Christmas colors.

This reminds me of those nougats! I’m…dreaming…of a White Christmas Cup *sing to the tune of the same song without the cup* :)

23. sweetlife says:

how festive, a perfect treat for holiday parties, love the colors!!

sweetlife

24. Pachecopatty says:

Pretty holiday cookies Biren. I hope you’re staying warm and cozy in all your freezing temperatures:)

25. Blackswan says:

What a beautiful White X’mas, Biren! I love the colourful touch u’ve added into these treats :)

26. Joanne says:

White treats for a white christmas? Sounds quite fitting!

Man i need to find some mint chips and get to making these! Delicious.

27. Great to meet you! These look AMAZING! I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

What’s the link for? Great folks there!

Hi Belinda! Thanks for visiting. :)

That is Jeroxie’s monthly challenge. I have not been able to join until the last one for the year. Finally made it…phew!

28. rebecca says:

wow hope it warms up a little for you these are fun like little snow balls

29. rebecca says:

wow hope it warms up a little for you these are fun like little snow balls

30. aletta says:

Looks great – my husband needs to eat wheat/gluten free. Please note that kellogg’s rice krispies are NOT gluten free, but most healthfood stores in the US sell g/f crisped rice cereal.

BTW, Chex cereals (with the exception of Wheat) are now gluten free!

Hi Aletta! Thanks for visiting and commenting :) Thanks also for pointing out that Kellogg’s Rice Krispies are not gluten free. I know it contains barley malt and so technically they are not gluten free. I normally use rice krispies or should I say rice cereals from the health food store but I do not store them in the pantry now as my boys are older and do not care too much for them. I only buy them for making treats.

31. Namitha says:

That looks so X’massy :-) Wish you a happy holiday season !!

32. Oh I love these! So colorful and festive

33. These look wonderful! i could so go for one right about now! Thanks!

34. Mary says:

I, for one, am so glad someone has posted a no-bake holiday cookie. These look festive and they sound delicious. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings…Mary

35. delicious festive happy holidays

36. msihua says:

Very very pretty! What a better way to showcase the winter you’re experiencing with these gorgeous cup cakes!!! Have a merry christmas!

37. Great Christmassy recipe! I love little things in little cases, and the gluten-free nature of these makes for a great gift for those with coeliacs in our lives. Looks like a good recipe to get kids helping with too :)

38. Great winter wonderland recipe, Biren :) Now, all I am praying for is a White Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

39. Trix says:

This looks like a fun thing to make when you’re snowed in! I’m glad someone else brought a more neutral color to the party (I brought beige).

40. These look fabulous and Christmassy! I like that you chose white because many people forget that’s a color when it comes to food. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

41. Zoe says:

Love the colour of these yummy treats. They are very pretty :D

42. These are beautiful and festive holiday pralines!

43. Cherrie says:

these little beauties look so festive. YUM

44. Sandra says:

This recipe sounds good, but I am not much of a fan of mint in my desserts. I plan to try it, using brown rice cereal and green colored candied pineapple in place of the green chips for a fruity flavor. I will let you know how it turns out when I make it in a few weeks. You could also use chopped dates to replace the mint chips, when it’s not the holidays. I plan to make them for Christmas, but always do a test run on new recipes one week before the holiday, and share a plate of my testers with several of my friends along with the recipes. I’m glad I found your blog. I look forward to trying some of your other recipes. Thanks…and have a Happy Holiday!

Welcome and thank you for the kind words. Glad to have you here. :)

Any dried fruits would work for this recipe. I think they will be very pretty with dried cranberries and golden raisins for a jeweled effect. Do let me know how yours turned out.

Happy Holidays to you as well! :)

1. December 19, 2010

[…] Source:- White Christmas Cups « Roti n Rice […]

2. December 20, 2010

[…] Biren of Roti & Rice – White Christmas Cups […]

3. December 13, 2011

[…] Christmas Tree Meringues (English) /  White Christmas Cups […]

4. December 19, 2011

[…] those are from Toll House and is a mix with dark chocolate chips. I used them last year here http://www.rotinrice.com/2010/…..tmas-cups/. […]