Delightful Chocolate Dipped Madeleines flavored with orange oil. Dainty mini cakes perfect for tea time…
Rice krispies, coconut flakes, glazed cherries, mint chips, and chocolate combine to make these White Christmas Cups a gluten free and fun holiday treat.
This is truly a recipe come home to roost as it is the perfect expression of the winter we are experiencing here in Minnesota. With two huge snowstorms and a third on its way, this is the snowiest winter in the past 20 years. The snow pile is already two to three feet high and it is not going anywhere with the freezing temperatures. No doubts about it, we will be having a white Christmas.
These pretty White Christmas Cups with flecks of red and green are not only light and tasty but also gluten-free. I made these as a holiday treat for the boys to share at school. They are easy to prepare and the only cooking involved is the melting of butter and white chocolate. Even kids can prepare this with a little bit of supervision. I will be making a smaller version for our Christmas gathering next week. The ones shown here are regular sized ones for teenage girls and boys. 🙂
This recipe was adapted from the Australian Women’s Weekly’s Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits. The original recipe called for red and green glazed cherries but I wanted something minty in the mix. Nestlē’s limited edition dark chocolate and mint morsels provided the perfect substitute for a minty flavor. I separated the mint chips from the chocolate chips and was able to get at least half a cup of the minty morsels. Crushed red and green candy canes would also work.
- Prepare 16 regular sized foil baking cups.
- Combine rice krispies, coconut flakes, milk powder, powdered sugar, cherries, and mint chips in a large bowl.
- Pour in melted butter and stir to get everything thoroughly mixed. Divide mixture evenly into baking cups. Compact mixture using a spoon. Refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow mixture to set.
- Melt white chocolate chips with milk in a double boiler.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each cup.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎