Potato wedges are a delicious side dish that goes with most things. They are much simpler to make than fries as they can be baked and there is less slicing involved. Potato dishes are “crowd pleasers” and this is no exception. Both kids and adults enjoy them.
Yesterday was one of those days when life gets a little crazy. I was out and about and by the time I was done, there was little time left to prepare dinner even if I had the energy. Ever experience one of those days? I decided on a quick fix and so I swung by the grocery store with every intention of getting a rotisserie chicken. As I approach the deli, I changed my mind. The fried chicken looked so crispy and the aroma was so tempting. I was sold!
There are few things that pair better with fried chicken than baked spicy garlic potato wedges. I have a bag of Yukon Gold potatoes in the pantry that needed to be used. It only takes a few minutes to scrub and slice the potatoes into wedges. The oven will do the rest of the work while I sit down to catch my breath with a cup of tea.
Since I only had this one dish to prepare besides tossing a salad, I could afford to make it a little more “fancy”. I chopped a little garlic to infuse the olive oil with more flavor. This can be done easily in the the microwave and it takes only 45 seconds. I also added some paprika and chipotle seasoning or rub to the wedges.
These baked spicy garlic potato wedges turned out awesome! They were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with a slightly spicy and garlicky flavor. You have to give it a try!
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs (900g) Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 tsp smoky paprika chipotle seasoning (or any spicy seasoning of choice)
- 1 tsp salt
- Place minced garlic and olive oil in a small microwaveable bowl. Cook on high for 45 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Sprinkle seasoning and salt over wedges. Mix to get wedges well coated. Pour garlic oil** over wedges and stir to get everything well mixed.
- Place wedges on a baking tray in a single layer. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Turn wedges every 10 minutes of so to get it evenly browned.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day!