You can make this healthy delicious ABC Juice (Apple Beet Carrot Juice) with a hint of tanginess from lemon juice using a blender. It takes only 10 minutes.
It is good to be home after 3 weeks in Malaysia. Always wonderful to visit my folks but the heat and humidity is something else! I felt like I was melting the entire time. Coming home though was not without its challenges. From a high of 90°F in Malaysia to 20°F here in Minnesota is a shock to the senses. If only it was somewhere in between. One can only wish…..
Some of you may have read that I was in Colorado two weeks prior to my departure to the tropics. At least I can say that the weather there at that time was near perfect. It was in the 70’s with bright sunshine. I had a great time in the Centennial State visiting my favorite places and catching up with friends. You can read about it in my Truly Colorful Colorado post.
I am blessed to have a wonderful friend with a green thumb and was gifted with a bunch of freshly harvested vegetables to bring home. I reserved a chiogga beet and two purple carrots for this ABC Juice (Apple Beet Carrot Juice) and used the rest in this Roasted Vegetables with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette dish. The freshness of the vegetables made both so sweet and delectable.
Juicing Using a Blender
Even though I do not yet own a juicer, I was determined to make myself a glass of juice with some of those gorgeous vegetables. While blending and straining the juice is not the most efficient way to go, it did work. It was not difficult and took only 10 minutes. For my effort, I was rewarded with a healthy delicious glass of this fruit and vegetable nectar. The apple lend the juice even more sweetness and the lemon juice gave it a nice tang. Do give it a try.
Similar Products Used in Making This Apple Beet Carrot Juice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
• Oster 6-Cup Glass Jar 12-Speed Blender, Brushed Nickel
• Norpro Stainless Steel Strainer, 3-Inch
ABC Juice (Apple Beet Carrot Juice)
- 1 apple (cored and cut into chunks)
- 1 beet (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 small or 1 large carrot (cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in blender together with ¼ cup (60ml) water. Blend until smooth. You may need another ¼ cup (60ml) water to get the blender going.
- Scoop pulp in a fine mesh strainer. Press down on the pulp with a spoon to squeeze the juice out into a glass. Discard pulp.
- If you are using a juicer pass beets, then apples, and carrots through. Pour into a glass and stir in lemon juice.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎
Leave a Reply