This tender and flavorful Dates and Granola Bread with plump dates and coconut almond granola…
Celebrate fall with this warmly spiced brown sugar Persimmon Cranberry Bread. Deliciously moist and satisfying for breakfast or tea time.
Persimmons are finally in season. I absolutely love them for their mild and sweet taste. Two varieties commonly found here are Fuyu and Hachiya with Fuyus representing the almost 80% of the persimmon market in the United States. Fuyus are round and squat while Hachiyas have an elongated, acorn shape. Hachiyas should be eaten when fully ripe as they can be very astringent when unripe.
So far I have eaten a bunch of Fuyus and it is now time to incorporate some of them in my cooking. I set aside three to fully ripen so that I can use them in this deliciously moist Persimmon Cranberry Bread, warmly seasoned with cinnamon and cloves. Be sure to use soft ripe persimmons for this recipe. The riper the persimmons, the stronger the flavor.
Dried Cranberries for Additional Flavor
Since persimmons are very mild in flavor, I threw in half a cup of dried cranberries to give it a little more flavor. Those cranberries also give it a more festive look, perfect for this fall (autumn) season.
Tools Used in Making This Persimmon Cranberry Bread
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Grease and flour a 9-in x 5-in x 3-in loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- Scoop persimmon flesh from skins into a blender. Puree until smooth to yield about slightly more than 1 cup persimmon puree.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, egg, melted butter, milk, and persimmon puree. Add dry mixture to persimmon mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool completely.
This Persimmon Cranberry Bread is best enjoyed warm and in thick slices. Slather with a pad of butter for extra moistness and flavor. Do give it a try.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎