Tender and flavorful Asian Pork Pot Roast seasoned with dark soy sauce, cinnamon, star anise,…
Baked Ham with Asian Barbecue Glaze made of hoisin sauce and dried clementine peel. Beautifully caramelized and perfect for any occasion.
Remember I told you I bought two spiral cut hams for Christmas 2015? Well, this Baked Ham with Asian Barbecue Glaze is the other one I prepared a little later during the holiday period. Since ham is a favorite for Easter, I decided to to post this recipe so that you have choices when that holiday rolls around.
Asian Barbecue Glazed Ham
The inspiration for the glaze used in this recipe comes from the ever popular Char Siu (Chinese Barbecue Pork. However, I used whole cloves and dried clementine peel in place of five-spice powder just to give it its own unique flavor. I think it turned out quite well and I am happy with the glaze. 🙂
Products Used in Making This Baked Ham with Asian Barbecue Glaze
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Remove ham from packaging. Rinse with cold water and soak in the clean sink or tub for 1 hour. Remove and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a metal rack in a deep baking dish with fat side up.
- Combine hoisin sauce, plum sauce, brown sugar, cloves, clementine peel, and ½ cup (120ml) water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until glaze is reduced by half. It should be thick and syrupy.
- Brush half of the glaze onto the ham and into the folds of the cut slices. Reserve the other half of the glaze for later.
- Place ham in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven and bake for 1¼ hours.
- Carefully remove the ham from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Brush the remaining glaze onto the ham.
- Return ham to the oven and continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until internal temperature of ham reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Allow ham to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Asian Inspired Ham
I hope you will give this tasty Asian inspired ham a try. It will be great for the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations starting this weekend.
Other Spiral Cut Baked Ham Recipes
Here are the other two spiral cut baked hams I have shared so far on this blog for your easy reference.
Simply click on the image to get to the recipe.
Slow Cooker Ham Recipes
And these are the two set it and forget it slow cooker ones.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎