Fragrant and tender Banana Yeast Bread with a hint of cinnamon. Use ripe bananas for best results. Very easy in the bread machine.
Ever since I made my first loaf of Sweet Potato Yeast Bread some time back, I have always wanted to make a loaf of Banana Yeast Bread. I am not sure why I never got round to it until now but it is better late than never, right? With two ripe bananas that needed to be used, they ended up in this loaf of bread. I really like how it turned out.
A Beautiful Sandwich Loaf
Like all banana bread and cakes, it was really fragrant when warm. In the case of this yeasted loaf, the fragrance mellowed out when completely cooled. Still it made for a very delicious sandwich loaf. It rose beautifully in the bread machine and came out with a very tender crumb.
Always allow your loaf of bread to cool completely before slicing. I know it is very tempting when it is fresh out of the oven but I assure you it is worth the wait. When allowed to rest and cool completely, the crust will soften slightly and there will be less crumb when cut into. With a little practice, you will get close to perfect slices. I like to leave my bread overnight and only do the slicing the next day.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Banana Yeast Bread
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
Mountain Woods Brown Oak Adjustable Right Handed Fiddle Bow Bread Knife
Mountain Woods Original Fiddle Bow Knife Oak (Left Handed)
Banana Yeast Bread
- 1 cup water (240ml)
- 3 cups unbleached white bread flour (450g)
- 2 tbsp quick rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp non-fat dry milk
- 1½ tsp active dry yeast
- Pour water into the bread machine pan. Sprinkle flour, rolled oats, and ground cinnamon over liquid.
- Add mashed bananas over flour. Add butter, sugar, salt, and non-fat dry milk in separate corners of the bread pan. Make a shallow indentation in the center and add yeast. Snap bread pan into machine and set it to basic setting. Press start.
- Remove kneading paddle after final kneading.
- When bread is ready, remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
I think you would agree with me that that is one gorgeous loaf of Banana Yeast Bread. It is very easily done in the bread machine. Do give it a try.
Leave a Reply