Only four ingredients to make this juicy and refreshing Cantaloupe and Mango Sorbet. A wonderful combination and a must try for the warm summer months.
One of the best things about having your own ice cream maker is that you can create a myriad of flavors not available at the stores, like this Cantaloupe and Mango Sorbet. The possibilities are endless with the abundance of fruits at this time of the year. Other popular flavors include chocolate, peanut butter, and liqueur for the adults. You can also make it as light and healthy or as rich and creamy as your heart desires.
Personal Ice Cream Maker
With the warmer weather upon us, it is time to bring out your the ice cream maker and start putting it to work. If you are thinking of getting one, now is the time to do it. For a long time I was hesitant. Finally, Ro-Ri San brought one home for me two years back and we have been enjoying some really cool flavors. Do check them out. Just click on the picture to get to the post.
Cantaloupe and Mango
Recently, the boys developed a liking for cantaloupe and so I try to pick up a melon or two whenever I am grocery shopping. A ripe melon is a sweet melon but it is not always easy to find one. I like to keep the melon on the counter for a couple of days so that it has a chance to fully ripen. It is definitely worth the wait!
My favorite fruit is the mango. We only have two to three types of mangoes here but it is good enough for me. The longish ones from the Asian market are especially sweet and delicious. I can’t resist buying a few whenever I am there. Sometimes I buy the entire case so that I get to enjoy them throughout the week.
This is the first time I am making sorbet. Melons and cream don’t mix. For this sorbet, I decided to combine the cantaloupe and mango for a more concentrated flavor. Cantaloupe is delicious eaten on its own but when juiced or pureed, it can be pretty mild. Because both fruits are pretty sweet, I only added one third cup of sugar. Please feel free to add more sugar if you prefer.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Cantaloupe and Mango Sorbet
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Cantaloupe and Mango Sorbet
- 1 small very ripe cantaloupe (3 lbs/1.3kg)
- 1 mango (12 oz/340g)
- 1/3 cup sugar (110g)
- 1/3 cup water (120ml)
- Freeze ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Remove and allow it to cool.
- Cut cantaloupe in half. Scoop out the seeds. Then cut into wedges and remove the rind. Finally, cut wedges into chunks. Peel mango and cut into chunks.
- Puree cantaloupe and mango in a blender or processor until very smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Mix in the syrup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place frozen bowl on base of ice cream maker and turn it on. Pour chilled mixture into frozen bowl and churn until desired consistency, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer sorbet to a container and place in freezer for a couple of hours.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎