These Antipasti Kabobs are made with colorful striped pasta, cheese, grape tomatoes, and mint leaves. They are a fun and tasty addition to any party table.
Food on skewers are the perfect party food. They lend a festive touch to any occasion as they are fun and easy to handle. Little morsels of different colors, textures, and tastes can all be threaded together to make an eye-catching display. In fact, an entire meal of appetizer, main course, and dessert can all be put on sticks.
Mother-In-Law Tongues Pasta
Recently, I made an appetizer with Mother-In-Law Tongues Pasta. I only used half the package, leaving me sufficient pasta to create yet another fun dish. This pasta is too pretty to be simply cooked and toss in a sauce. I initially tried to string them up like a curvy ribbon but they broke apart into thin strands. After some thought, I decided to wrap them around a piece of cheese and thread them together with mint wrapped grape tomatoes. The mint leaves give it a fresh taste and a pop of color.
Edible Floral Bouquet
Finding a vessel to hold these Antipasti Kabobs was half the fun. This little basket with a tall handle was just the right thing. I filled it up with floral foam and covered it with a piece of napkin. These colorful kabobs stood in there nice and tall.
The tall handle provided sufficient clearance for the basket to be carried around. The other option is to create a table center piece with other skewered fruits. I have given you the idea. Use your imagination and creativity to display it to best suit your needs. Remember it is all about the presentation! 😉
I used aged cheddar cheese for the rollups but you can use any kind of firm cheese you prefer. The grape tomatoes can also be swapped out for other fruits and vegetables.
Similar Products Used in Making These Antipasti Kabobs
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 8 strips Mother in Law Tongues pasta
- 16 cubes of ½”x½”x¾” aged cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 16 mint large leaves
- Salt to taste
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add some salt. Cook pasta as for 11 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Cut each strip of pasta into half. Lay a strip of pasta out onto a board. Place a cube of cheese at the edge of the strip and roll pasta tightly around the cheese. Repeat with the rest of pasta and cheese.
- Thread two pasta-cheese rollups onto skewer alternating with two mint wrapped grape tomatoes. Repeat with the rest of the pasta-cheese roll-ups and tomatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
For another fun appetizer using Mother-in-Law Tongues Pasta, check out my Antipasto Rollups.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎