Soft, chewy Orange Pecan Cookies with a citrusy flavor from orange zest and extract. Toasted…
Soft, chewy, not too sweet, and almost addicting Chocolate Chip Cookies. So tasty and comforting, it is hard to stop at just one.
It is exactly two months since I made this batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies for Vacation Bible School in August. The summer was busy and somehow other recipes jumped the queue while this one sat in draft mode until now. As the saying goes, “better late than never” and so here they are – soft, chewy, not too sweet, good ‘ol Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies truly are everyone’s favorite cookies. I have come to realize that it is best to keep them plain, without the nuts, and the kids will devour them. It does not matter if they are crunchy or chewy, just watch them disappear from the tray.
There are all kinds of theories about making the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies which are supposed to be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Well, these did turn out that way when they were still a little warm fresh out of the oven. Unfortunately, they softened when completely cool. With so much moisture in the air here in Minnesota, I am not sure if any cookie will stay crunchy on the outside beyond an hour or two.
Sugar and Cookie Texture
That said, I noticed that granulated sugar do produce crunchier cookies than if brown sugar was used. The more sugar, the crunchier the cookie. Most recipes out there use two cups of sugar. That however, is not going to happen in my kitchen. I will use no more than one cup of sugar per batch of cookies. To me, one cup of sugar is plenty.
I used one cup of packed brown sugar in this recipe. If you prefer a crunchier cookie, please use either one full cup of granulated sugar or half cup brown sugar and half cup granulated sugar. Brown sugar gives better flavor and so it is a trade off for texture.
Similar Products Used in Making These Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
• Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
• Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
• AirBake Nonstick 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 14in x 12in and 16in x 14in
• Kitchenatics 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling and Roasting Rack
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat salted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in all-purpose flour until dough comes together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove and cool cookies on a wire rack. Transfer to air tight containers.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎