Cempedak is a fragrant fruit with a sweet and soft flesh. It is wonderful combined…
January is the month we eat healthy foods so that we get a break from the sugar high and prepare ourselves for the next indulgence. Come mid February our diets are back to normal with cakes and chocolates. How about some ice cream? Fresh homemade ice cream with exciting blends and flavors are a real treat any time of the year, be it warm or cold outside.
Coconut and bananas are ingredients that are easily available year round, even up north here. These flavors help me dream of warmer climate ahead and remind me of a dessert I made recently with coconut milk known as Bubur Cha Cha. Sometimes bananas are added to this dessert although mine was without. Perhaps this Coconut Banana Ice Cream can be the creamier and frozen version of Bubur Cha Cha. 😉
This Coconut Banana Ice Cream is quite creamy even though there is coconut milk in the mix. All toppings are optional but highly recommended. Do give it a try.
Coconut Banana Ice Cream
- 1½ cups coconut milk (360ml)
- ½ cup sugar (110g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 medium bananas (sliced)
- 1½ cups heavy cream (360ml)
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Chopped peanuts
- Kahlua or maple syrup
- Combine coconut milk and sugar in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Do not cover but stir until sugar dissolves and coconut milk comes to a boil.
- Removed from heat. Add vanilla and bananas. Using an immersion blender, puree bananas until smooth.
- Blend in cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour chilled mixture into ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer ice cream to a container and place in freezer for a couple of hours. Serve with desired toppings.
Do not forget to join my CSN Giveaway opened until 9:00pm Central, Thursday, February 17th. Click here to enter.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎