These Grilled Pork Chops are tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Minimum preparation time and cooks in 10 minutes on the grill.
When the weather warms up, it is a good idea to take the cooking outside. I hope these great looking Grilled Pork Chops will entice you to fire up your grill. They are tender, juicy, flavorful, and delicious. Only 10 minutes of preparation time and another 10 minutes of cooking time and your main dish is ready to go. It can’t get any easier and faster than this.
Grilled Pork Chops require a little bit more attention than steaks because under cooking is not an option. Under cooked pork is not safe to eat. To avoid under cooking, most people err on the side of caution and end up with rubbery and dry pieces of meat. Therefore, it is important to control the grill and the result will be well worth the effort.
Grill preparation is important. Pork chops are best cooked with evenly distributed medium heat. It is not advisable to cook pork in contact with the flame as the exterior chars easily leaving the interior uncooked. To avoid this, use lava rocks or grill stones in your grill. Most grills have a holding tray for this purpose. If the rocks or stones are old and coated with oil, it should be replaced with new ones.
Temperature and Timing
The grill should be preheated to between 300˚F to 350˚F (150˚C to 180˚C) and the flame should be medium low to medium. For ¾ inch chops, grill each side for 5 to 6 minutes. During the grilling, keep the lid down to achieve even, all round cooking. When done, internal temperature of pork chops should be about 145˚F (65˚C).
Similar Tools Used in Making These Grilled Pork Chops
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 8 pieces pork loin chops (each piece about ¾ inch thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine tomato ketchup, hoisin sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place pork loin chops in a single layer on a baking tray. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brush marinade on both side of pork loin chops. Allow them to marinade in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat grill to high. Brush some oil on the grates.
- Place pork chops on the grates and close the lid. Grill steaks for 5 to 6 minutes. Watch closely to avoid flare-ups by opening the lid occasionally. Move pork chops to a different part of the grill to avoid charring if flare-ups occur.
- Brush the top of the pork chops with vegetable oil. Then, flip them and grill for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to a platter. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
These Grilled Pork Chops are really tender and flavorful and they are so easy to prepare. I hope you will give it a try.
To complement the Grilled Pork Chops, we also threw in a few skewers of shrimp and ears of corn. Don’t forget to check back for those Grilled Shrimp Skewers coming up next on this blog.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎