Mango Coconut Cream Pie with almond meal gluten free crust. The mango coconut custard layer…
Delicious Mango Egg Tarts with a luscious mango coconut milk custard and easy Graham crackers crust. These mini tarts are perfect for tea time or dessert.
I was thrilled when Jill Colonna, the author of Mad About Macarons invited me to do a guest post for her blog. I was nervous yet excited about the prospect of posting something to complement her impressive collection of confectioneries.
Jill had one request. The recipe should have at least two egg yolks because “macaronivores” use up egg whites and leave the egg yolks all yellow with no where to go.
I spent several days thinking about what I could share with her wide audience. I finally settled on an East meets West kind of recipe. Please do Jill and me the honor of going over to Mad About Macarons to read my Mango Egg Tarts post. Thank you!
Mango Egg Tarts
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1¼ cups finely crushed Graham crackers / Marie biscuits / Digestive biscuits / ginger snaps (140g)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (melted) (68g)
- Line a standard size muffin pan with 8 foil liners.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Stir together crushed Graham crackers, sugar and butter until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of lined muffin pan cups. Bake in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for 8 minutes. In the mean time, work on the custard. When crust is ready, remove and cool on a rack. Leave oven on.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks lightly. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook flour. Pour in mango puree, coconut milk, and sugar stirring over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks until well combined.
Putting it together
- Pour warm filling into baked tart shells.
- Bake in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for 12 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- When it is cool enough to handle, transfer baked tarts to a flat pan. Cover with foil and chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎