Creamy Fingerling Potato Salad topped with bacon bits and sliced green onions. The lemon juice gives it a hint of tanginess. Great with grilled meats.
Today is Memorial Day and we commemorate the men and women who gave their lives for the cause of freedom so that we can live in peace. America is my adopted country and I am deeply indebted to the sacrifices made on my behalf across many generations past. This morning my younger son will be joining his squadron in honoring the country’s fallen in a ceremony at the city’s park. These ceremonies are often poignant and for many deeply personal because of the loss involved.
This weekend is also the unofficial start to summer with a long break. Families take the opportunity to gather for barbecues and picnics. A smoky aroma wafts through the neighborhood as the men work the grill and enjoy good conversation over a beer. We had our first barbecue for the season on Saturday evening when there was a break in the rainy weather. I made this cold Fingerling Potato Salad to accompany the juicy steak we had. Thumbs up to hubby for doing such a great job at the grill!
Similar Tools Used in Making This Fingerling Potato Salad
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Wisteria Polish Pottery Baker – Rectangular with Grip Lip
Red Zinnia Polish Pottery Rectangular Baker 10-inch
Primrose Polish Pottery Baker – Rectangular with Grip Lip
Fingerling Potato Salad
- 1½ lbs fingerling potatoes (rinsed) (675g)
- 1/3 cup vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 strips bacon (pan fried and crushed)
- 2 green onions (finely sliced)
- Boil fingerling potatoes in lightly salted water until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and cut larger potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Add butter, salt and pepper. Mix well with boiled potatoes.
- Add vegenaise or mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss to get potatoes evenly coated.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top before serving.
This creamy Fingerling Potato Salad is great for get-togethers and potlucks. It is delicious served with grilled meats. Listed below are some grilled steaks, pork chops, and chicken for your convenience.
New York Strip Steaks with Homemade Spice Rub
Grilled Steaks with Balsamic Worcestershire Marinade
Grilled Pork Chops
Rosemary Anchovy Pork Chops
Grilled Turmeric Chicken
Grilled Masala and Lemongrass Chicken
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! 😎
Leave a Reply