This quick and easy Clay Pot Noodles can be prepared in 16 minutes. Makes a…
This warm and delicious Meatball Noodle Soup is comfort in a bowl. Very easy to prepare and perfect for cold winter evenings.
Winter may officially start in December and end in March but in Minnesota, the weather starts to turn cold in November and continues right through April. Some have called this place Icebox USA and there are days when it is an apt description. That is why we are big on comfort food and there are few things more comforting and warm than this Meatball Noodle Soup.
Hearty Meatball Noodle Soup
Tender meatballs, hearty kale, smooth, firm, and delicious No Yolks® noodles make this one-pot Meatball Noodle Soup something to look forward to especially after shoveling snow on the driveway. No Yolks® noodles are cholesterol free and always cook up right. It is a brand I trust for all my noodle recipes.
No Yolks® Noodles
The noodles come in a variety of noodle cuts – Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski and Dumplings. They’re even available in Whole Grain. I can’t wait to give the different varieties a try and I hope you will to.
For this recipe, I used No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles to soak up the delicious clear broth. I cooked it for half the time before adding it to the soup to finish the cooking. It came out perfect! They were smooth, firm, delicious, comforting, and warm. The soup was really yummy and the family loved it!
Meatball Noodle Soup
- 1 lb frozen meatballs (450g)
- 2 cups No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles (90g)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 large carrots (cut into coins)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth (1.5 liters)
- 1 bunch curly kale (stems removed and cut into strips) (12 oz/340g)
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Heat meatballs in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for about 20 minutes or according to packaging instructions.
- Bring a medium size pot of water to a rapid boil. Add noodles and a little salt. Cook uncovered for 6 minutes. Remove with metal strainer and set aside.
- In a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat vegetable oil. Saute onion and carrots for 2 minutes. Stir in dried thyme.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Add preheated meatballs, cooked noodles, and kale.
- When soup comes back up to a boil, season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and allow soup to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with crusty bread, if desired.
More No Yolks® Noodles Recipes
Do check out my Tuna Noodle Casserole for another recipe using No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles.
For even more noodle recipe ideas, follow No Yolks® on Facebook, Pinterest, or try one of these family-favorite, comforting noodle recipes and get $1 off 2 bags coupon on their website. No Yolks® noodles are available at grocery stores nationwide at an average cost of $2.09 per bag.
A Chance to Win
I can’t wait to see and hear what delicious, warm, and comforting dishes you will make using No Yolks® noodles. Share your ideas in the comment below for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/22/16 – 3/27/16.